The time IS ticking...its crazy!
So
this week was incredible! So last week (can´t remember if I told you
guys about the family Torres/Ferreyra) but we found an inactive family.
They are incredible. We truly were sent by the Lord because the hermana
had been praying that week before to know which church really was the
true one. Next thing she knows two missionaries are standing on her
doorstep. That´s right hermana...The church of Jesus Christ of latter
day saints is the only true church on this earth. So we had been
teaching them that whole week and they came to church!! Incredible is
how you would describe my feelings that Sunday. It was so good seeing
them there at the church. So anyway...that next wednesday hermana Willson and I were thinking and decided that the little girl Selva could get baptized this next Sunday
(note that it was already Wednesday) and we would be going to their
house Thursday. We were way excited. So we go to the house, teach a
lesson and then the hermana Willson says "and now we have a surprise for
you guys (because we had told her that she was going to be baptized the
3rd of Feb) the
mom got all excited and was like "SHUTUP!!" haha then Hermana Willson
says "Selva is going to get baptized this Saturday!!"
...silence...and Selva is shaking her head no. (oh geesh)
so I nod my head at her and give her a thumbs up..then she was like...OK yeah and nods her head. haa
The mom got way excited and
was like "oh that will be so wonderful!" We were possibly the two
happiest missionaries on planet earth in that moment. haha it was so
great! so this Sunday
Selva got baptized and it was so cute! When she was being lifted out of
the water i looked at her mom and seriously saw a glimpse of heaven.
She was just glowing and you could tell that she was so proud of her
daughter. I was so honored to be there in that moment, I had to leave to
help Selva because I started crying it was so cute. So then we were all
sitting in the bathroom waiting for Selva to change and the mom was
just standing there in silence smiling. It was so cute. I just love
being a missionary and have loved every single minute of my time in Rio
III. its such an incredible place and is so prepared to hear and accept
the gospel!
I realize my time is coming to an end but I am so
excited to see what the Lord has in store for me. A close friend told me
that "the mission isn´t the end of anything..it´s only the beginning."
That statement couldn´t be more true and I´m so pumped to see what lies
ahead. I love this gospel and will forever cherish the things I have
learned on my mission. It will be hard leaving this place i have grown
to love, but it definitely won´t be the last time Argentina sees their
Rubia.
I love you all
so much and am so proud to call you my family and friends. I´m so proud
to be a member of this church and to know that my Savior, Jesus Christ,
died for me and was resurrected so that I can also resurrect and live
forever with my loved ones (you guys!!).
Take care! I´ll see you all shortly. Seriously shortly. 14 more days! no lo puedo creer!! Ba.
Enjoy the little things!
love, hermana Bosco
ps. This is hermana Rios. She is from Buenos Aires and is the first 19 year old missionary in Córdoba!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment