Family!! Friends!! Loved ones!! and Everyone else!!
Can
we just say that I´m stoked!! I am loving the mission. Its been so
incredible and we have seen so many miracles here in Rio III. The most
incredible part about it all is......I will be (with the help from the
Lord) completing a family before I go home. The last daughter of the
Hermana Torres, the inactive member that we helped reactivate, will be
getting baptized on the 10th!!! We couldn´t be more excited. The mission
has really been focused on families and preparing them to enter into
the temple that will be ready in about a year. It has been such an honor
getting to know this family and being able to help all of them make the
covenant of baptism so they can ALL enter in the temple.
I
remember so well my birthday 2 or 3 years ago when EVERY SINGLE member
of my family entered the temple. My mom, sister and brother in law did a
session and the rest of us went to the baptismal font and did baptisms.
It was one of the best birthday presents I have ever received. I´m not
trying to brag or anything but not everyone has this special opportunity,
I am so honored to have this huge blessing in my life. The temple means
so much more to me now that I´ve been on the mission. 1. because I
haven´t been able to go for like a year and a half. 2. we are always
teaching about eternal marriages and how families can be together forever
(I can´t wait to meet my bestest friend so he can take me to the temple
for time and all eternity. Trunky I know but I´m allowed to be trunky
about things like that). and 3. I have really strengthened my testimony
on the work that is being done in the temples. Our families need us! The
people on the other side need us! They cannot do it by themselves. We
have to be going to the temple often. If you are worthy...go. There are
no excuses. There just aren´t when it comes to salvation. I love the
temples and heard that we might get to go through the Buenos Aires
temple on our way home. We will see...if we do that would be the best!!!
We
have also been teaching this family. A whole family!! I won´t be able
to see them get baptized but I just know they will! Hugo is a recent
convert and his oldest daughter and her husband and two sons are who we
are teaching. they are darling! and they came to church and everything
and want to know more. I am so excited for them and its perfect because
her dad will be able to baptize her and then in a year when the temple
in Cordoba is ready they will be able to get sealed!! I´m so so so happy
for them. There just aren´t words in Spanish or English that can
describe this feeling. It´s celestial.
This
may be my last email that I write as a missionary. I might write again
next week but I just don´t know the details of the day and what we will
be doing but I guess you´ll find out next Monday.
But I just want you all to know that being a missionary has been one of
the best things I could have done with my life. The experiences that I´ve had are numberless and incredible. The testimony that I have now is
just unbreakable...there is nothing that will ever take it away. I´m
still Karissa Dee Bosco...don´t worry. But I´m changed. I´ve been
changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. I´ve realized that really there
is no other way to live. Before the mission I thought that being a
member meant reading your scriptures every once in a while, going to
church and being a good person. Its so much more. We are disciples of a
loving Savior who died and gave us the perfect example to follow. We
must be like him! Its our duty! Its not easy...its never been easy, but
no one ever told us that it would be easy. But its worth it, it will
always be worth it. I fell in love on the mission. I fell in love with
the Book of Mormon. This book is so powerful! Its incredible and when we
really take the time to read it and apply it to our lives, that is when
we will know what do to . Its all in the book. Seriously i love this
book so much. I am so grateful to be here in Argentina. Its my home away
from home and i have found so many family members here, who knew that
we had family in Argentina ;) I have thoroughly enjoyed my mission and
am a little sad that it is coming to an end. But I am ready to start the
next one. I´m ready to give it my all this last week and just be the
best Hermana Bosco that has ever hit Argentina. I love my Savior Jesus
Christ. I am so grateful for the atonement and for the fact that
everyday I can repent and be a better person. I couldn´t do it without
him. None of us can. He is there, with is hand out stretched to us and
all we have to do is humble ourselves and grab it. I promise you, it
will change your life. Give up your bad habits, let go of the dumb
things that are stopping your from being the child of God that your
Heavenly Father knows you can be. Its not easy, but I promise you,
because I´ve seen it in many of the lives here in Argentina that it is
worth it. Its so awesome when you can literally feel the Savior changing
you. Its incredible.
I
love you all so much! My love for each of you has grown so much more. I
am so grateful for your prayers and your thoughts. I literally have
felt them throughout my mission. I am grateful that we get to be
together forever. All of us. I will be seeing you all so soon. I can´t
wait. Ah. I just love you guys so much. You truly are the best.
Enjoy the little things.
Love, Hermana Bosco
ps.
I got to go to Capilla Del Monte and say goodbye to some of the people
who I love dearly. It was the best. Thats what these pictures are from.
No comments:
Post a Comment