December 3, 2012

Estamos en Diciembre!!!

So I realized I haven´t said much about my Gringa companion. She is from Canada, her name is Hermana Potrie. I love her and we have the same time in the mission. She is still trying to figure out if she is going home in Feb or March....haha its a hard decision...for some of us :) She is way awesome and we get along, obviously, really well! We made a goal though that if we are together the last transfer we are only going to speak spanish so we come home with really legit accents. haha Its pretty sweet because we just speak spanglish all day. I love her and its been a blast of a transfer and we are pretty sure that we will be together for my last transfer as well. We´ll see....
So this week was really great! We had 5 people in church. I know what you are thinking...wow...thats not a lot at all. But what I mean by people is investigators. 5! I know for some missionaries that is like really not that many either but for us and the weeks that we have had we were so thrilled!! The 5 are progressing really well and we are smelling the waters of baptism within these next two weeks! We are so excited. Three are from the same family, a brother a sister and a cousin. The other is living with a member and needs to get married before she can get baptized but she really really really wants to get baptized so we are going to do everything for them so that they can get married! and the other is just waiting for her parents to be ok with the fact that she wants to be "mormon". December is always a special time of the year and we always see blessings and miracles during this Christmas season. I love it. Me and Hermana Potrie are way excited.







So this last week we got to have an actual Thanksgiving dinner! They don´t celebrate it here but since we are 4 gringas in the zone and there are 2 gringa senior missionaries in our area as well we got together and had a thanksgiving dinner with chicken (we couldn´t find turkey) but it was still good and I made Jill-O!!! It was pretty successful and now everything here tells me that I can get married because I can braid hair and make Jello. haha if thats all it takes I would have been married like 5 years ago!! haha But it was way sweet and it made me think of all of our Americans celebrating and eating your little hearts out. And now its time to get ready for the holidays...I can´t believe we are in Christmas now. The time just flies when you are on the mission...its crazy! I made a little Christmas corner in our pension so that we could also feel the spirit of the holidays. Because here it feels nothing like Christmas. Its so hot and humid. I´m going to come home black...but i´m not even joking! I´ll finally be darker than Scott King! Yes.

We had a zone meeting last week and our zone leader asked us a question...that I am going to ask you guys.

"What are you planning on giving Jesus for Christmas this year?"

I´ve been thinking a lot about it and I feel like its way easier as a missionary to make this decision than it would be as a non missionary. But just think about what you can give to your older brother this year for Christmas. What are you going to differently to let Christ know that he matters more to you than the things of the world. I love my Savior and I am so grateful that I get to have 2 Christmas´ here on the mission. It really is such a special time of year to testify of Christ. He really is the reason for the season. Don´t forget that! I realize it would be a lot harder in the real world, but atleast try your very hardest to put him first this season above all things. 

...Argentina moment...we were all just writing and the power went out...oh gosh. Welcome to Argentina. Thank goodness google is smart enough to save a draft of the things we write! haha

I love you all so much and hope you have a fabulous week and that you focus on the things that are most important in this life. Love you all. Take care of each other and know that here in Argentina there is one person (possibly more...no sé) that is praying for you. Love you!

Enjoy the little things...like the power that is always working or the fact that we don´t live in a very humid state. haha

Hermana Bosquito

No comments:

Post a Comment