December 10, 2012

When are you calling home and when are you coming home?

Mi hermosa familia y amigos,

The two questions that you want answered I only have an answer for one of them...I will be calling on the 25th...and that's all I know for right now. We are still trying to figure out our plans and what we are going to do. We might go to Oncativo and we might stay here..when we know for sure the plans I will let you all know what time I will be calling. I´m stoked. The transfers are still the 13th of February..well ok the transfer is the 11th so we will leave on the 12th and arrive on the 13th in the morning. To be completely honest with you I have NO idea when you will receive the flight plans...I feel like in that category of the mission we are a little disorganized, but i´m also not in the office and really have no idea what is happening but from what I know now the transfers are still this time. Our Christmas party is on the 17th of December and we will be having it with the zone of my hijita Hermana Barreto so I will get to see her one more time before the mission ends!!! I´m way excited!

For Christmas I think my zone is going to all come to centro and we are going to sing hymns and Christmas songs somewhere. I´m way excited It will be way sweet! I love singing with the zone...it makes me smile so much! Also because there are a lot of elders that can sing! (I love it when guys can sing and especially elders...it just makes it so much cuter haha you boys will thank mom one day for making you be in the singing group!!) other than that I´m not sure if we will be doing many other things. Maybe my comp and I will because our ward already had their Christmas party which was fun...nada que ver with the Christmas parties that we have. hahaha Like 2 minutes before the nativity scene started this one member was like "hey hermanas can  you come sing with the choir that we have" Yeah for sure!! (yeah don´t worry...we WERE the choir. It was us and 2 men that sang the songs...haha gotta love Argentina).

This week was just a whirlwind of a week...it actually went by WAY fast...so fast that I sometimes forget what we did. haha But one thing that I do know and am way excited for is that this fin de semana (weekend) WE WILL BE HAVING A BAPTISM!!! I´m stoked! The girl that will be getting baptized is very special to us. Her mom is a member and two of her sisters are as well...their family situation is hard. They don´t live in the best circumstances and it makes living the gospel a little bit harder than usual (especially when Satan is working a full here as well).  Her name is Evangelina. She is beautiful and will make a beautiful addition to the angels that will be entering the celestial kingdom with our Father in Heaven. 

This week I think the biggest lesson that I learned was about hardships and trials. The mission is the best. Its the most incredible experience you will ever experience in your life, but its also full of trials and difficulties that you didn´t really think would exist. One thing I heard from a member this week was that at one point in our lives we walked hand in hand with Satan because he was our older brother. He knows us...and he knows us very well.  He knows all of our weaknesses (like dulce de leche haha jk) and he knows all of our strengths (like i´m going to be a physical education major so I like to exercise...luckily). But in all seriousness he knows us in and out and knows exactly what will "help" to stop the work. There are a lot of times when I have just had to say to myself and sometimes out loud "ugh...satan. Go away! you are bugging me SOOO BAD! Go bother someone else!" Ridiculous. I know but sometimes you just feel like satan is just pin pointing you to make you break. BUT the best bestest best part about being a missionary is that we have the mantle of Christ with us. We have power in our calling and I can´t even tell you how many times I have needed that extra power from being a missionary. I love my plaque and I really find so much power in this little piece of plastic clipped to my shirt. I love the calling that I have and I am so grateful that we as representatives of our Savior Jesus Christ we have this extra power and extra calling to help us overcome any problem that we might have. 

Also, because our Heavenly Father loves us so much he has given us as members of the Church an extra help as well. The gift of the Holy Ghost is a free gift that our Father in Heaven has given to us to help us overcome Satan and his little minions. We are so lucky to know that we have this best friend consistantly with us. We also have other helpers like the Book of Mormon, prayer, fasting, going to church, following the commandments of God. We don´t have to fear that Satan is stronger than ever...because so are we and we are on the side that will win. It´s not even a close running...good will ALWAYS win. At times in the world we live it it definitely doesn´t seem like it but I promise you that WE WILL WIN. God is going to win and we are all going to be saved as long as we are doing our part and keeping our covenants. For those of you who read this that aren´t members. I`m going to give you a challenge. I don´t know what you have heard about the Mormon church or what thoughts you have about us but the best way to find out is to ask us. Ask a mormon, ask a faithful mormon what makes their church so special. Why do we fight so hard for our families and our friends to help them come to know the church, and then after you ask them talk to the big man upstairs. Talk to your Father in Heaven who has been dying to hear from you. Ask him what he has planned for you. Ask him what he thinks about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I promise you, after you ask if you listen he will answer you and THEN you will know why the church is so important to us. Then you will know why I´m here in Argentina. 

I love my Savior. I´m still far...very far from perfect, but every day I feel like I am getting to know myself and my Savior a lilttle bit better. I love serving him. It´s hard. It´s definitely a lucha cada día (fight every day) but its all so worth it. The heat, the dust, the blisters, the parasites (yeah super gross but I think I have them...don´t worry I´m taking pills...I won´t bring them home with me.) the nasty hair from sweating all day, the same clothes....etc. Its all worth it and I wouldn´t trade any of it for the world. I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love it. I´m so proud of it. 

I love all of you so much. Seriously you all mean the world to me. Thank you for your prayers and your thoughts. I will be seeing you all super soon....ba. Its crazy. Love you!!

Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment