November 26, 2012

Milagros [miracles]

Hello family!

So we are going to name this week....milagros (miracles). This week we had like 3 crazy incredible miracles!! It was so incredible!! The first miracle.

Miracle number 1: 

We were walking to a neighbors house with our laundry so they could wash it...we we are walking through centro (yeah don´t worry...you would think that its super embarrassing but after 15 months of doing crazy things...it just doesn´t affect you as much) so we just have this HUGE bolsa of laundry and these two people stop us and they were like "hey hermanas!" I looked at my companion for like a sign of recognition that maybe she knew who they were...yeah she didn´t and neither did I, but because we are in Argentina we said hi to them and kissed them. Then the guy was like "hey i´m a member from Alta Córdoba and I have a friend who belongs to the area Nueva Córdoba, he doesn´t smoke or drink or have any "bad habits". He already has been to church a few times and is reading the Book of Mormon and wants to be baptized." ................long pause of like overwhelming excitement. "thats so sweet!!! Whats his name, where does he live...etc etc" We were so excited! We like freaked out and just had these big like googly smiles on our faces! haha it was the best thing ever! So then like two days later we had a lesson with him and his friend. His name is Uriel and he is so great! He accepted to be baptized on the 8th of December. Which I am 110% excited about and know for a fact that he will be baptized! We are so excited for him and to see his progress! Incredible. The mission rocks...it just absolutely rocks.

Miracle number 2:

We get a call Monday in the middle of the day of transfers from one of the members, and they were like "hey can you come over to our house tonight at 6:30? We have a reference for you and we would love for you guys to come and teach her. She is really interested and wants to know more about the church." Ok...perfect! So we go over at 6:30 and meet Gisela. She is 26 and is incredible!!! She accepted to be baptized on the 15th of December. She lost her father a year ago and her biggest question for us was, now what is SHE supposed to do. She knows that her Dad is fine and resting and happy, but she is still the one that is hurting. Well "luckily enough" we had the answer for her, the gospel of Jesus Christ. The cure to all sadness, the cure to all sickness, the cure to all pain. She loved it and cried and we are so blessed to have met her. She is really incredible and I know will make a great strong member of the church. I love her and I´ve only met her a few times. She is incredible. Seriously ahh it just gives me chills thinking about how much God loves us and how much he is willing to bless our lives as long as we do his will and follow his son. I love it.

Miracle number 3:

WE FOUND A FAMILY OF 8 PEOPLE AND THE YOUNGEST SON IS 11 YEARS OLD!!! AND THE PARENTS ARE MARRIED!!! We are going to baptize them all! I´m so so so excited for them. They are WAY awesome and I just would love it more than anything to see the whole family be baptized and then a year later be able to enter in to the temple and seal themselves as a family forever. We don´t know too much about them so I'll have to update you later on them but I seriously am just pumped to see how they are going to progress. I also know that there will be a lot of opposition because satan for sure doesn´t want a family to enter into the waters of baptism. But we WILL do everything possible so that this family can make covenants with our Father in Heaven. 

I love the missionary work. I love being a missionary. Yes I realize I have a short amount of time left, and sometimes people just freak out and aren´t really sure what they are going to do. But I´m just going to give it my all for these next 11 weeks and show satan that he absolutely will not win as long as Hermana Bosco is here in Argentina and then I´m going to start the next chapter in my life and serve the Lord with all of my heart in any way that I can. Ah. I just have grown so close to my Heavenly father and I am so grateful to be his daughter. 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support and for your love. 

Family Smith, Alexis, Tam, Dallin, Wesley and Collin. Sorry I haven´t written you that much its so hard to send hand written letters and I just forget sometimes to email you guys...I´ll be better. Dallin. I am so proud of you and the strength that you have shown me through this trial in your life. I know that your 2 seconds on the court will be the greatest 2 seconds of the season. I´m so proud of you bosco boys. play so hard for me and know that in February I will not miss one of your games. I love you all so stinking much. Wes and Collin. Wear the Bosco name proud. :) You guys are the best family anyone could ask for. Thank you so much for everything. I love you so so so much!!

Love, Hermana Bosco

1 comment:

  1. This post gave me chills of love for missionary work!! I love it! I also laughed at the part where you said "we said hi to them and kissed them" because I know exactly what you mean from serving in brazil, but it sounds so funny in america, right? :)
    You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete