Bueno...este semana fue
buenisimo! This week was really great and even though I know a lot of
great things happened when it comes to Monday I just can´t really
remember what has happened. haha but I´ll try to remember everything.
Ok so we could be having a baptism this weekend but
the girl is still getting over that fact that she has already been
baptized. We are going to RETEACH her the restoration so she understands
that the reason why we have to get baptized again or get baptized at
all is so we can be saved in the kingdom of God, but not just any kind
of baptism, we have to be baptized with someone who holds the authority
of God. How do we know that we have the authority of God in our
church...I will tell you. (obviously a shortened version of what we
usually teach..haha)
There has always been a prophet on the earth.
Prophets have the authority of God or we call it the priesthood. When
the people killed the prophets this was called an apostasy because there
was no more authority on the earth. When Jesus came to the earth he
established The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and he had
the authority or the permission from God to baptize and bless people. He
later gave that authority to his apostles. When they all died this
authority was completely lost, but we still had the bible. So many
different men took from the bible what they thought was correct and
formed their own churches (this is the reason why there are like 209
different churches in the earth today). But because God loves us so very
much and so he has always called a prophet to lead and guide us. So
after this huge apostasy he and his son Jesus Christ appeared to ¨Joseph
Smith to call him as a prophet and to restore (not reform) The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and once again bless the earth with
his authority and permission to baptize. That is how I know that we
have and are the only church that has and will ever have the correct
authority to baptize and bless people. If you are curious about how I
and the other 13 million members know this ask our Heavenly Father. Get
down on your knees and ask his directly "The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints has your authority and permission to baptize?" And I
can promise you with 100 percent surety of my heart that he WILL answer
your prayers and will let you know that yes. We are the only church that
has his permission to baptize people.
Anyway...haha that is what we need to teach her so
she understands why she needs to be baptized again. I'll let you know how
that goes...
So this sunday we had a MILAGRO
(MIRACLE!!) So we show up at church and one of the Elders was like "hey
there is an investigator here for you" and points to this lady. So I go
up to her...not remembering her name at all and was like "Mariela yeah?"
and we just greeted each other with a kiss and went to class. So Mariela
is a reference from some other Hermanas and we had contacted her and
taught her and she was like yeah for sure! I'll come to the church to
learn more. So this Sunday I was thinking...YEAH! Way to go Lord! Way to
prepare her so well! haha So then after relief society she was
introducing herself to people and was like "Hi my name is Lola." In my
head I´m going...Lola. Ok nada que ver that I thought your name was
Mariela. So then she turns to me and was like "your name is Daniela
right?". I was like "no....I´m Hermana Bosco.". Then I was like... "I
thought your name was Mariela?" haha we just laughed and I just felt
like a fool for a while but whatever thats not important because even
though she wasn´t the person that we had contacted she is a very chosen daughter of God!!! She was so excited to be at the church and wanted to
learn more she was actually sad when the 3 hours were over. (usually
people are dying to get out of there after the first hour...haha). Any
way. She is awesome and as she progresses you will definitly hear more
about her and how incredible she is and how prepared she has been from
the Lord.
Ok now for the funny story of the week. Well it
actually happened today but whatever. So we are doing intercambios
again and of course I´m with the gringa so of course like always people
just stare at us and tell us how beautiful we are..its awesome and
incredibly obnoxious. Anyway so we have to take a collectivo or a bus to
get to the church to play soccer with the Elders (which by the way
Nugget...you would be so proud of me I´m like the best goalie ever
now..seriously. I might have to take your place on your soccer team
because 1. I´m taller and 2. now that I´ve been in Argentina for a good
year i´m automatically better at soccer than you :) haha) anyway. So Hna
Steward gets on the bus and trips going up...I giggle but I was also
talking to an Elder on the phone who had just asked me to conduct a
devotional. So I was so confused because I thought you had to have the
priesthood to do that and I couldn´t hear anything and I think he was
speaking in english too and its incredibly hot outside so i´m just like
so confused, sweating and what happens next....yes the other tall blonde
that everyone is staring at trips up the bus as well. hahah luckily
there were two seats up at the front so we just sat down real quick but
my gosh...I have never been that stressed within like a 2 second period
of my life! haha then after we sat down I found out that he wanted me
to conduct the music...not the devotional because yes you do have to
have the priesthood to do those kinds of things. haha Wow. Living in
Argentina has been the best. I´m just so loving it.
Thank you all so much for your loving prayers and
your support. I love you all so stinking much and how you have the
bestest week in the world.
Enjoy the little things, like planning weddings ;)
I love you guys! Take Care!
Love, Hermana Bosco o Eldera Bosco o La gringa o rubia o la nieta de Don Bosco o La famosa Hermana Bosco
They
call me the famous hermana Bosco because there are members here who are
like big fans of Dad. haha They actually wanted me to ask you to come
here to pick me and give a devotional. haha I actually laughed when he
asked me that but he just looked at me. I think he was serious :) So dad
you have 3 months to freshen up your spanish and learn how to give a
devotional. haha He also told me that I could just translate....we would
be quite the team wouldn´t we dad? haha Love you papa. And I love that
even here in Argentina you are famous.
No comments:
Post a Comment