CONGRATULATIONS TAY TAY!!! I´m stoked for
you! You are going to LOOVE the mission. Its the best. I´ll probably
miss you so I´ll take a little trip to California after the mission and
go on visits with you and your comp :) haha [Taylor is Karissa's cousin who just received her call to Sacramento California Spanish Speaking- Jan. 13]
So first before I tell you how my week is I want you
all to know that I´m In CAPILLA DEL MONTE RIGHT NOW!!! SITTING NEXT TO
MY HIJA!![her"daughter" that she trained] The Elders called us on Sunday night and they were like "hey
you guys are going to do an intercambio right now and you are going to
Capilla Del Monte". Um...ok!!! I was stoked! It has been so much fun
being back in Capilla. I absolutely miss it and its been the BEST seeing
my daughter again. I have missed her so much! She is such a rocking
missionary and I am so proud to be her mom and to have been her
companion, I am realizing now how much I love her and have missed her.
She is incredible.
So at the beginning of the week we did another
intercambio [exchanges with other missionaries] (I actually don´t know why they always want us to do so many
intercambios...like seriously we don´t even plan half of them, the
leaders just call and are like...hey leave her with her..and because we
are SUCH ROCKING HERMANAS we are obedient and go.) But anyway so I was
in Oncativo with Hermana Steward from tuesday until like thursday...it
was the bomb. Why? because Oncativo is a lot like capilla del monte
(with less aliens) [she really does mean the outer space kind...google Capilla del Monte]and they have bikes! I never wanted bikes on my
mission but after being in Oncativo I just fell in love. They are the
coolest. It was just the best being with Hermana Steward because we get
the work done and have tons of fun doing it. Which to me is how the
mission should be...and it usually is but you know sometimes you just
have those days...weeks...transfers...haha (if you are a returned
missionary you will understand). But anyway we just had SO much fun and
we shared the gospel with lots of people. The funniest was when we
contacted the neighbor and she accepted just right off the bat! She was
way sweet. So we went to the next door neighbor members house and we
were like "hey your neighbor just accepted the gospel and we are so
excited!" and the wife was like "oh....oh no..." um....Hermana aren´t
you happy that she wants to have the gospel in her life? "yeah I really
am but what happened was like 20ish years ago we did the work for her
son, because he died (I guess in this time of life you could do the work
for anyone...) and now if she gets baptized and wants to do the work
for her son....what am I going to tell her!!!" hahaha I about died
laughing. I was like...hmmm what an interesting concern...so we´ll see
how that goes. haha it was pretty funny though.
So then when I was in my area for like 2 minutes it
seems haha we had some great progression with one of our investigators.
Her name is Iris and she will be baptized this next week. The 17th and
if not the 17th for sure the 24th!! We are way excited for her...and she
really has shown great signs of improvement and interest. She is really
great and is from Peru, so everytime we teach her I ask her different
culture things so I can learn a few sayings for when Kaylee [her cousin serving in Peru]gets home
from her mission. I´m starting to realize that even though Cy [cousin in Chile], Kaylee
and I are all speaking spanish we will all have WAY different words that
we use and different accents and its going to be so legit! haha Also
this next weekend, there is a little girl getting baptized in the ward
too. She is from a member family so she doesn´t count for the baptism,
but i´m still counting her as my little convert :) We are teaching her
the lessons because her family is a little inactive so her mom wanted us
to teach her and just revise the things with her. She is darling! and
so smart!
I love love love the mission. I also love love love
my family and friends and the incredible amount of blessings I have been
given. Its incredible how we are ALWAYS going to be in debt to our
Heavenly Father. He is so good to us and knows us perfectly. he knows
exactly what we need and when we need it. I haven´t felt this sure that
my Heavenly Father knows me than I have this week on the mission. He
love me...and I know it. I also know that he loves each and every one of
you guys. Member, non member, inactive, extremely active. It doesn´t
matter. He is our Father and Love us equally the same. I love feeling
his love and knowing that he is protecting me and looking out for me.
I actually have been thinking a lot about Trevor, my
cousin.[Trevor Bosco was born the same year as Karissa and sadly passed away from SIDS at six weeks. Karissa was 4 months old at that time] Even though he would be home from his mission for about a year I
still feel like he is serving his mission with me. I feel so close to
him and have loved having the "relationship" that we have where we take
pictures by his grave of the things that are happening in my life. I´m
not sure why but i´ve just been thinking so much about him and feel that
he is, would have been and will forever be my best friend. Big guy if
your reading this...which I know you are, know that I love you. We miss
you here and are so glad that you will be part of our family forever. I
have felt at different times in my mission the same thing with all of my
cousins and aunts and uncles that have passed away. I just feel close
to Heaven and i hope that this feeling never goes away.
I love you all so much. Thank you for everything and
for your support and prayers. I love them and feel them. Time is just
flying by and I can´t lie and say I´m not totally stoked to see you all,
but I´m also pretty lucky and fortunate to be here on the mission. I
love Argentina and even though I didn´t know how to paint the flag
before my mission (Wesley...cough cough), Argentina will forever have a
special place in my heart. Thanks again for everything.
Love you all!
Love, Hermana Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment