October 29, 2012

Cargos?

Familia y amigos,

My week was great! On tuesday the zone leaders called us and they were like, "hey we have been thinking a lot and we want you sisters to do an intercambio.....from wednesday until Saturday. Hermana Steward, you will be going to Nueva Córdoba with Hermana Bosco and Hermana Medero will be going to Oncativo with Hermana Legal."  SHUTUP!!! SERIOUS?  It was the best ever. i just felt like a little kid at Disneyland the whole time...I was so excited to be with a greenga again. haha I´m not sure what I´m going to do when I´m at home surrounded by gringos!!! haha Its going to be way funny. But we had a very successful week and my favorite part about it is that I can just so easily now switch from Spanish to English...like it doesn´t even phase us sometimes. Its so legit. 

ok gross...a bug just flew into my eye...it was huge and green. ugh...welcome to Argentina. 

Ok i´m going to tell you a funny story. 90% of you that read it won´t think its funny because you had to have been there but i´m going to tell it to you anyway because it was seriously one of the funniest things i´ve ever seen. (before I tell you the story I need to explain that being here in Argentina for 14 months has really made me unsensative to a few things...like nothing phases me anymore...ím just used to weird things happening all the time that it just doesn´t phase me...thats why this story is so funny to me.) ok so we were in a different area to go to a doctor (at this time I was also with 4 gringos!! Hna Steward and 2 Elders Goldheart and Yazzie) and then we were going to help the elders with some of their investigators. So we were waiting for the doctor and we were all just standing outside talking. So then all the sudden this dog comes up to one of the Elders and is just being annoying so he give it like a little kick so it goes away. It like makes this yelping noise and then sits down and like pees his pants. I have never seen a dog sit down and pee before and the face it was making was like a 2 year old boy who just got scared out of his mind and wet himself. haha It was absolutely hilarious...so then the elder was like "ew go away!" and the dog misunderstood...thought he said something nice and started wagging his tail...in his pee...so then it was going everywhere. I was laughing so hard!! ok confession. I´m actually laughing right now just thinking about ti. Thats how funny it was!! haha oh geesh. The life of a missionary in Argentina just never ceases to amaze me. Its hilarious out here. 

So...her in Argentina we are in spring. Summer starts in December and its already super hot!!! I´m pretty tan already and will come home brown. I´m going to stand out like a sore thumb (ok that saying doesn´t even make sense....who even notices when you have a sore thumb?) anyway. I´m going to look like one of those girls who goes tanning in the winter so she looks "more natural" but everyone knows its fake...and everyone thinks it looks ridiculous. Because you will all be so white!!! HAHA but not going to lie I´m pretty pumped about it. ok I lied its not super hot here...its like uncomfortably hot. Today is really humid and it just feels like you are in a sauna when you are outside and in any store...its pretty disgusting. 

Ok now for the important things. We had 2 people at church yesterday!!! It was so great. Jorge came and there was another girl that we actually haven´t been teaching but she came with a member friend. Pretty legit. So we are pumped. We are looking at the 10 or 17 of November for them to get baptized. I´m feeling really good about it to. Through out my mission i´ve really just learned to have so much faith...that things always happen for a reason and if we are doing our part and putting forth all the effort that we can the Lord WILL complete his part of the deal and we WILL see miracles and have baptisms. So even when the people aren´t keeping their compromisos (i can´t remember in english what the word is) or not really progressing how we would like them to, I know that if we are doing everything we can in helping them progress, the Lord will step up to the plate and hit a homerun. I¨ve just really learned to trust the lord in every situation. 

I read a scripture today that I absolutely loved. It was 2 Nephi 9:20. It talks about how there is nothing that exists that the lord doesn´t know about. In other words he knows everything. But when i read it I switched the words so it says that there isn´t anybody that the Lord doesn´t know.  I have such a testimony that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us each personally and love us so much. They know exactly what we go through and exactly how we are feeling. Life is hard. Were just going to put it out on the table...life is hard. But I testify that it is SO much easier when we get it. When we get why we are here and who we are. When we truly understand our purpose here on the earth and really understand that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father that loves us so much and is willing to anything for us, we will be so much happier. We will live with fewer doubts, fewer cargos, fewer difficulties.  Yes life will still be hard...but we will know who to turn to and we will understand that he can and will take away our pains and cargos. I love my savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful that he is with me every step of the way. It would be impossible to do the things we do as missionaries if we didn´t have the spirit or Jesus Christ in our lives. He is one of my best friends and I love him.

I love you all so much. Thanks for all you do. I hope you have a fabulous Halloween (they don´t celebrate it here like we do there...there are some like witch hats on the manaquins in the stores but other than that...nothing). haha Dress up fun for me. and be safe!!!

Enjoy the little things!
Love you all!

love, Hermana Bosco

I don´t have pictures to send this week. Sorry!! Also tell Ashley congratulations on putting in her papers!! I´m excited to hear where she will be going!!! Love you family!!! I miss you so much and seriously cannot wait to see you!!! Oh and want to hear something awkward? I´ll be home (ok don´t know exactly because we don´t have the flight plans or anything) February 13. THE DAY BEFORE VALENTINES DAY!!! How awkward for a returned missionary. haha Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment