November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!! 

So this Thanksgiving will be the most American thing that has EVER hit Argentina...want to know why? I RECEIVED MY FIRST GRINGA COMPANION!! Hermana Poutrie. We came together on the mission so we have the same time but she will be extending her mission and going home in March. I´m pretty excited that I get to die with a gringa! haha Also Hermana Fairbanks got sent to Oncativo with Hermana Steward which means that in our zone there are only 4 sisters. All four of us "die" in the next 2 or 3 transfers and we all came together! haha We are just absolutely stoked for what the Lord has in store for us! If I've learned anything from my mission is that the big guy upstairs really is in charge and REALLY does have a plan specifically for each of his children. We are so lucky to have a father in heaven that loves us so much! and knows us perfectly! If we put our lives in the hands of his we WILL be happier we WILL have more success in all of our doings and we WILL start to understand just a little bit more of our purpose here on the earth. 

So this week was a roughish one....we had plans to have 2 baptisms but only ended up having one. (Which is still AWESOME!!!) So the little girl that got baptized is named Darla she is 8 years old and her family are members. So technically its not OUR baptism but we taught her and I absolutely love her so I´m calling it one of mine :) but the other baptism was going to be a young girl who is 17 years old but at the very last moment just decided not to get baptized. Even though she had received an answer and everything she just didn't feel ready..we aren't really sure why but it happens. Its sad, it was really heart breaking but we also know that one day she WILL be baptized. She did come to young womans the next day so at least she is still interested in the church and is willing to progress and learn more!!
 
Its just so frustrating at times because we know that the work is going to get SO much stronger but also that means that Satan is working ten times harder as well. He really has gotten a hold on some people and its so hard to see because we KNOW that we have the truth and that the message we share can not only change there lives but give them so many blessings that they won´t EVEN know how to contain them all!
 
This email is really short...sorry! But I just want you all to know that I love you so much and want you to know that this church is true and I love it with ALL my heart. I am so grateful to be a missionary right now and am so excited for those of you that have your calls or are preparing to go! Its such a great experience! You will NEVER regret it. We have so many people here in Córdoba that are wanting to hear about the gospel and we are so excited to teach them! I will let you know next week about all the miracles that we are going to experience!
 
I love you all so much!
Take Care!
Enjoy the little things!
 
Love, Hermana Bosco
the gringas


this must be when she sat in the gum during transfers...






No comments:

Post a Comment