October 22, 2012

Growing and Learning

Family...I love you.

I hope this week found you all superb.Because this week was a struggle for me and my companion. I´m not sure why but it was just one of those weeks...there were sicknesses, falling through of appointments...rain...and whatever else could´ve happened...did. BUT its fine because I talked to Hermana Poutrie today and she read me a quote from one of the prophets. I don´t know who it was and what it said exactly BUT pretty much it explained that when we have trials or problems in the mission it doesn´t always mean because we were disobedient and are being punished for our decisions but mostly its because the Lord knows that we are ready to progress and that we are ready to grow, to be stretched and to move on to the next level of our mission. When we grow and are being stretched, yes it will hurt a little bit but we always are better off after. We always receive even more blessings than we had before. It really helped me hearing that this morning because after a hard week its sometimes difficult to gather up your energy and just press forward but knowing that we will receive even more blessings after the trial of our faith and after we have overcome our trials. Its hard being a missionary but its so fulfilling. Its just an incredible time in my life and I am so grateful to have had this experience.

We are in the process of teaching a lot of young people we have 3 investigators right now that are from 15-20 years old. They are pretty incredible and we are really seeing them progress. Sometimes its hard for them to come to church (even when we look for them) but they are really progressing in the lessons and have a lot of desire to change their lives. I´m way excited to see them all get baptized! (because i know that they WILL get baptized). Their names are Jorge, Iris and Kati.They are really great youth and will make a great contribution to the church of Jesus Christ!
 
So this week my companion was sick a few of the days so Ï had a lot of thinking time..haha I was thinking a lot about you guys and how incredible blessed we are to have the church in our lives and to have the ward that we do and the leaders that we have. Sometimes I just wish that we could move the 6th ward or the grandview stakes over to Argentina to have them see an example. I´m not saying that the wards are totally a mess because they are not they just have a lot of converts and new members and so its just a little bit more dificult to get things going. I just am so grateful for the leaders that I have had and how they taught me how to be a leader. As members of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints we are all leaders and we all need to be leaders. Just because we "have" everything in our wards we still need to do our part as members. We need to be magnifying our callings and if you don´t have a calling...ask the bishop. That is how we grow in the gospel..that is how we can really grow closer to our Father in Heaven. Do your visiting and home teaching. Its really needed...there are so many people who just need a hello sometimes...don´t be the reason because someone goes inactive because they don´t feel loved. Lots of random thoughts in this paragraph, but its what i´ve been thinking about. I love being a missionary, but I can´t wait to put into practice what I have seen here on the mission. I can´t wait to be the best member that I can be. I realize its not easy...but its so worth it and it will be so worth it when we are all together in the celestial kingdom.
 
I love you all so much! I am so grateful for your examples and your prayers.
Enjoy the little things.
Love everyone just a little bit more.
 
Take care!
Love, Hermana Bosco




No comments:

Post a Comment