September 3, 2012

Still no gringa!



Happy Birthday Dallin

In exactly 4 days I will have 1 year on the mission....oh my word. I actually can´t really believe it. I am just loving being a missionary and serving the Lord, but also I am excited that I get to see you guys in just a few short little months. I can´t believe that everyone is already back in school and all the missionaries that are home!! haha I get a little excited sometimes thinking of all the people that I haven´t seen for almost 3 years...I´m excited to see if everyone gains weight on their missions or if its just Hermana Bosco in Argentina ;) haha jk.

So I´m sure you´ll all dying to hear about my daughter. She´s darling and susprisingly enough she is just like her mama. Her name is Hermana Barreto and she is from Uruguay. (haha I kind of want to know how many of you thought I was going to get a gringa...haha just so you all know there was a new rule put into the white hand book. It says "If your name is Hermana Bosco you will not ever be companions with a gringa." So...yeah BUT I love it. I love love love my latinas. WIth all of my heart, especially this one. She seriously is the best. We enjoy the same things, like eating and baptizing and laughing and speaking spanish and living in the best pension in the mission and she has the cutest clothes. I would like to brag just a little and admit that I might have been the cutest dressed missionary for a while but now I think that I am being dethroned...She is seriously darling. And also because all of my clothes have lost their color or have holes and patch work in them. :) Gotta love the mission.

Hermana Barreto is from a family of 4 sisters and 1 brother. There are also 6 kids in her family. She has 1 neice and 1 nephew I believe. She is 21 and likes to play soccer. All of her family are members and if i´m not mistaken she is the 3rd missionary in her family. She loves this gospel and has such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ, and this gospel. Its incredible. I actually feel like a new missionary too!! With all of the studying that we do and the excitement that she has its like my missionary battery has been recharged (for those of you that have served missions...you know what I´m talking about. Yes we have testimonies but sometimes we just need that extra little boost in the mission). She is so great and its really funny because soemtimes we´ll be walking down the street and she´ll just be like...I have 4 days in the mission. wow. haha So we laugh a little and then I think to myself, I remember when I had 4 days in the mission...and now I have a year. Then I laugh to myself because I can´t believe it.

We have been talking to everyone! I´ll admit I actually don´t LOVE contacting people. I do it and its fine, but its not my favorite. But with Herman Barreto I don´t know what it is but its like super fun! The other day we bought a sprite just to talk to the kid that works at the store. haha We just do crazy things like that to talk to everyone. I love it. All the missionaries that have trained always tell me, its such a great experience to train because you realize what you know and then you really realize what you don´t know. haha But I already know what I don´t know but I am actually quite suprised at what I do know and how NOT scared I am to train. Yeah its different and its a challenge, but its the sweetest best challenge I´ve ever had in my life. I actually hope for my last transfer in the mission I get to train again. I want to finish with this excitement and this energy that my hijita has given me! I love it!!!

This week I learned a lot about Jesus Christ and how much he really means to me. I realize that I took the gospel for granted when I was at home, because it was just something I did...something we did as a family. But now that I am living the gospel and paying attention to it. I realize how much the gospel has to do with our lives...every part in our lives. Not just sundays. And how much Jesus Christ needs to be apart of our every day lives. We aren´t perfect (sorry to burst a few of your bubbles, but your not... :) )
We NEED Christ´s atonement in our lives. We need to show him that we love him. Its not enough just to say it in your prayers or once a month during fast and testimony meeting. Everyday we need to be showing him daily that we love him. As a missionary its a little more easy because we are sharing this gospel 24/7 (2 nephi 25:26 if i´m not mistaken. I love this scripture. One of my favorites). but when I get home I will also be trying my very hardest to every day to show Christ that I love him.

I love you all so much and you all mean the world to me. Seriously. Thank you so much for your prayers and love and support. I really do love being a missionary and want you all to know that I am happy. 100% happy. I just sometimes can´t help smiling and looking like a goon in the streets, because seriously i´m happy. In spanish for the verb "to be" there are 2 words used, "estar" and "ser". Estar is more like temporary..."estoy in Argentina". Ser is more permanent "Soy Hermana Bosco". I explain this to you because I am happy. Soy feliz. Its permanent. Its such a beautiful feeling, and it only comes from living the gospel and being obedient. Try it...you won´t regret it.

Love you all so much!
Enjoy the little things!

Con amor, Hermana Bosco
my latinas

trainers from my MTC group
my district
Hermana Salas, Hermana Barreto, Hermana Bosco, Presidente Salas




No comments:

Post a Comment