[God gave me a family, the love of truth. And I want to be with them for eternity ...]
We
got to see the rededication of the Buenos Aires temple. Oh wow. Its
absolutely incredible the spirit that I felt. They were showing pictures
of some of the different temples and I think they showed the baptismal
font of the Provo temple. I cried. I miss the temple so much. I was just
so happy the entire time that we were watching the sessions (my
companion and I got to go to 2 of the sessions..they were different and
both extremely powerful). I actually can´t believe I didn't take
advantage of the temple when I was at home...we are so blessed! In Provo
within an hour from our house we can reach like what...6 or 7 temples?
INCREDIBLE!!! There are so many latter day saints that have to save
money for years before they can travel for 13 hours or 2 days to go to
the temple once and return home. What do we have to do...nothing. We
don't even have to have to pay a dime we could walk to the temple and it
would take us maybe an hour. We are so blessed and I am going to take
full advantage of the temple when I get home. I love the temple and most
of all I love the convenants that are made in the temple. When we are
worthy and we can go through the temple we are promised so many
things...its absolutely incredible. We ARE GOING to be a family
forever...F-O-R-E-V-E-R. I don't think you realize that meaning of that
word....FOREVER!!! What a blessing! If you can´t tell I'm pretty pumped
that we have this incredible blessing in our lives.
So training...is the best! I feel like a new
missionary all over again! I love my comp. She doesn't speak speak English but she knows quite a few words and has really good pronouncation
of the words. I love it. She is incredible. We had a difficult week
this past week because it seemed that NO ONE wanted to talk to us.
Blah...but this next week we are going to work so hard and talk to
everyone...even if they don't want to listen. haha.
I love this work. I am so grateful to be a
missionary. Its incredible how much I have realized in my life and the
things that are now really important to me. I just love feeling the
spirit all the time and really growing spiritually every day. The gospel
we have here on the earth is true and Joseph Smith really was a prophet
of God. The book of Mormon is true and has all the answers that we will
EVER need. I am so grateful to my father in heaven for giving me the
strength to leave (and stay) on the mission. Even though I've missed
some great memories back in the states...there is nothing that I would
change about my mission. This past Friday I completed 1 year in my
mission. Here are a few things that I have done in the past year...that
blow my mind if I think about it to hard. haha
In the past year...
1. I have learned Spanish and can speak it without really thinking.
2. I have drinken water that I probably shouldn't have BUT since I am now
convinced that my body is from Argentina... I have not been affected in
the least bit.
3. I have only lived with latinas.
4. Have gained weight and still had a smile on my face :)
5. Haven´t seen my family (this one blows my mind if I really think about it)
6. I have, aside from the missionaries, spoken to 1 person from the united states.
7. I have learned how to apply the atonement in my life...every day.
8. I have never prayed more in my life...on my knees.
9. I have fallen in love with complete strangers.
10. I have realized that having this gospel in my life is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
There is a lot more that has happened but you'll have
to wait until I get home to hear about it. haha I am so proud of the
people that are leaving on missions and willing to sacrifice their time
for the Lord. ITs the best!! you won´t regret it. I can promise you that
with ALL of my heart. And congratulations to all the people that are
getting married and going to be making their own covenants in the
temple. (I can´t believe little Scotty is going to get married!!!) I
love this gospel and I hope that you all know that. If there is nothing
that you take away from my emails....I hope you take this away (I have
no idea how to say that in english...or for that matter in spanish
haha). But I really do know that Jesus lives. He is our savior and has
given us the best gift that we could ever receive in our lives. Our
agency. Use it wisely. Its a powerful gift and will determine what
happens to us after this life. If you have the gospel in your life, take
advantage of it. Live like Christ lived and truely live the gospel. If
you don't have the gospel in your life here is your challenge (and I
promise that if you do it with real intent your life will forever be
changed). Read the Book of Mormon, not all of it, but a little part.
Whether its the introduction or Moroni 10:3-5, read a little part and
then go to your room or the bathroom or any part of your house where you
can be alone alone. Kneel down and ask your Heavenly Father if the book
that you are holding in your hands (the Book of Mormon) is true. If you
are willing to hear the answer God will speak to you. I am 200% sure
of it. I have seen miracles here in Argentina and hope to see them for
the rest of my life. I know that miracles still exist and it all depends
on our faith.
I love you all so much and think about all the blessings that I have in my life because I know you.
Enjoy the little things, because when we think about it they really are the HUGE things.
Know that God loves you even more than I love you...and let me tell you...that's a lot of love.
Love, Hermana Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment