Family whom I love more than you will ever know...
This week was
an exciting week for me and my companion...WE HAD A BAPTISM!!! It was
our first one together and the first baptism for my comp in her
mission!! I just love LOVE seeing people in baptism clothes willing to
start a new life, willing to sacrifice what is necessary to be more
close to our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. Remember the girl
Estefania? Yep!! She finally got baptized! We are so excited for her and
she was so happy when she left the water...she just couldn't quite wipe
the grin off her face. It was so darling!!
So the exciting part was on Sunday morning we went to go see if the
pool was ready...well turns out that it was being reconstructed so we had
to use like a blow up pool. We had to clean it and fill it up.
Bueno...not that difficult right? BUT we couldn't figure out how to hook
up the hose to we started filling it up with a bucket. hahahah one
bucket. DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO FILL UP A POOL WITH A
BUCKET!!! haha We were dying. I didn't take pictures but we should have.
We are both burnt right now and have tan lines all over the place. ha
It has been SO hot here!!! I probably am just as tan from 2 days of
working outside than you guys are from all of summer :) Don't be jealous.
We have been finding some other people to teach. There is this one
lady she is 78 years old and her name is Neli. She loves everything
about the message of the gospel minus the going to church part. She
doesn't like leaving her house because she can't...whatever. Also she
smokes. So we taught her the word of wisdom the other day and came up
with a solution. She likes bananas...so we are going to buy her bananas
and when she feels like smoking (because the only reason why she smokes
is because she feels lonely...her husband passed away like 10 years ago
and her children don't really come and visit her...its sad) but we are
going to buy her bananas so she can eat those instead of smoking...and
then maybe she will have more energy to come to the church! haha
ok now for the 100 questions that my mamasita asked me...
[We were watching the home vids
yesterday. The classic Happy Fathers Day one. Funny Stuff. Are you still
wearing that red lipstick?]
No I
don't use red lipstick anymore....that was a one day only thing. haha I
miss that video and funny enough I was thinking about it the other
day...maybe it was the same time that you guys were watching it.
[It must have been exciting to be able to watch the dedication of the Buenos Aires temple. Did you get to see
any of the cultural event the night before? ]
No we didn't watch the cultural thing, but we wanted to so bad!! We had a
cita (I can't remember what its called in english) with an
investigator.
[What is the word on your temple? Did you find
out how much longer they think it will be? ]
The temple in Cordoba approx has about 1 year left. So
that gives me enough time to get a job work a little (maybe get married
;) ) and come back to see the temple. haha
I love you all so much! I am so grateful for your support and for
your love, I really do feel it. I am so grateful to be a part of this
gospel. We don't even know how lucky we are!! Its incredible. Take care
of yourselves and know that in just a few months I'm going to be besoing
(spanglish) every single one of you!!! hahah
Love the only Bosco that has ever been to Argentina :)
Hermana Bosco
oh ps. This computer won't let me send photos....next week! Sorry!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment