August 20, 2012

still loving the mission!

 
1. Ok the picture of the apple I just had to send because I took one bite of the apple and look what came out of it...                  a cute little heart. haha

2. This picture is just to show how long my hair is getting :) YAY!! And how cold it gets at times. But luckily we only had like 1 month of coldness and now the days are super nice and the nights are a little chilly but nothing like Finland so I am counting my blessings.

3. The YW and YM in Capilla Del Monte
4. These next few are from the baptism of Julieta!!! She is 13 years old and so tall! Its weird because the kids here act so much older so I always think they are like 16 or 17 when really they are the age of Collin!





5. The ones after the baptism are more of me and my comp haha.

 
 
Hola mi familia. Les amo mucho y estoy muy agradecido por sus ejemplos a lo largo mi vida. Reciente me di cuenta cuantos bendiciones que tengo en mi vida de este evangelio. Yo sé que ésta es la unica iglesia en el mundo que tiene el sacerdocio y autoridad de Dios. Que maravillosa!! Amo este evangelio y los bendiciones recibimos cada rato.

Being a missionary...........is..............the............best!!!!! We have seen a lot of miracles here in the país of Argentina and are expecting to see more! haha This week we found a little old lady who is the sweetest thing on planet earth. We were contacting and knocked on her door...after fighting with her dogs for a good 5 minutes she finally came out. She is about 4 feet tall and just had the biggest smile on her face. So we talked to her for a bit and then after a while she was like...oh do you want to come in? haha YES! of course! So we go in and start talking to her to get to know her more and to know what we can share with her to really touch her heart and make her want to know more about the gospel. We started talking about families and she had lost her husband and mom about 6 years ago. Still is a little bit hard for her...perfect. The plan of salvation. (I rock at testifying in this lesson (not to brag) because I have THE BEST family and I really have such a strong testimony that our families ARE going to be together forever. So Norma, just soaked everything in! She loved it. And when we talked about baptism with her she was like "so your saying I need to get baptized again?" "Yes." "oh well that perfect because this friday I´m going to the town where my priest lives so I can ask him to baptize me again!"...."uh...well its a little bit different becauase you need to be baptized by someone who has the authority from God, called the priesthood. That is what we are inviting you to do, is to ask God if our Church has the correct authority." "oh ok...do you want me to ask right now?" Que genial!!! (How cool) I was just smiling. She was so adorable and she was so ready and willing to ask God who had the correct authority. And after everything we say she is always like. Oh how beautiful! haha So anyway. She accepted to be baptized on the 8 of september...and (drum roll) that sunday SHE CAME TO CHURCH!!!! She was So excited and loved every bit of it! She even said the closing prayer in the sacrament meeting. My companion and I were a little nervous because when we are at her house she always prays in silence...and we just sit there until we here her whisper "amen". I love Norma. She is just the cutest thing and really has a desire to come closer to Jesus Christ. Its incredible how many people are prepared by the Lord everyday!

Also. Leo blessed the sacrament for the first time this sunday! And really really really wants to serve a mission. honestly as a missionary to see one of your converts progress so rapidly and want to serve a mission is the best feeling in the world! He is so great and I keep telling him that maybe he will serve with Dal!. haha I realize that I say that every week or at least say something about Leo every week but seriously, he is the greatest! I just love the youngins here in Capilla. They are all so incredible.

This next week is transfers and for sure one of us is leaving Capilla Del Monte. We are not sure if it will be me again...ahah or if it will be completely different changes. I´ll let you know next week.

The weather here is beautiful. Its absolutely perfect in the day time and only a little cold at night. I love Argentina.

This email isn´t very long...ha sorry!

BUT know that I learn so much and grow everyday. The mission really is an experience that has changed my life. Its made me realize what really is important in this life and if we ALWAYS put God first he will constantly bless us. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your prayers and support. I can´t believe it sometimes that i´m actually a missionary. For all those years that I looked up to all the boys and girls in my ward serving missions and how perfect and great I thought they were. I hope that I am and can be that same missionary that you can look up to. (For Wesley and Dallin and maybe nugget...look down to because your so stinking tall now) but yeah. I love you all so much and you all give me so much strength in my mission. Thank you.

Always tell your parents that you love them. But better then that...obey them because then you are showing them that you love them. But better than that obey your father in heaven and show him that you love him. Sometimes it just isn´t enough to tell people over and over again that you love them. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little something of yourself so that the people you love ACTUALLY know that you love them.

Me being on the mission, away from you guys is me showing you that I love you. That I love my Savior and Heavenly Father more than I love the wordly things. I´m not saying its easy...because its definitly not, even as a missionary. i´m now realizing that the plaque doesn´t change a whole lot...but I am saying that its definitely worth it.

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.

I am so grateful that God loves us so much that he sent his son to die for us, and I´m so greatful that Jesus Christ loves us so much that he gave his life for us.

I love you!

Have a great week and enjoy the little things.

Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment