April 30, 2012

Loving Capilla Del Monte


Familita y Amigitos!!!

I love my new area. It’s beautiful and freezing cold!! haha I’m in the mountains so my weather now is what you guys just got done having. Bah...and for the first three days we didn’t have gas which means we didn’t have hot water...which means I didn’t wash my hair  haha but don’t worry I have a cute hat that Janelle made for me and no one even knew. haha the people here are so different then in the city. Everyone is pretty hippie here but that also means that everyone is really accepting. It’s great. We have sacrament meeting in a guitarra...a store that is shaped like a guitar. haha I’ll take pictures and send them next week. there were about 25 people in sacrament meeting and it was incredible. 

These people are so humble and so ready to accept the gospel. I love the people here. I was actually sad the other day thinking that if I didn’t know Spanish I wouldn’t be able to communicate with half of these people! They are like my second family and I really do love them so much! The president of this branch is like a Chilean Erik Holmoe. haha its so funny to me, but really he looks a lot like him. And their family is just like ours!! Three girls and three boys and they LOVE basketball!! Today we are going to play basketball and I’m pumped. haha 

My companion is from La Pampa in Argentina. (side note...this is my third Latina companion and there are only 8 out of 20 in this mission!!) I love it. Hermana Maldonado and I have been in the same zone for all of my mission and now we are companions! I love her so much. She is so great and we are really similar. It’s so nice to know more Spanish because we can actually have conversations like I would with my friends. Can you believe it. I can speak Spanish! haha I can understand pretty much everything solo falta the vocabulary. haha but this language is special and I love it.

We are so excited to work in this area. There is a matrimonio aca en Capilla del Monte and they have a car...so we haven’t been able to walk around much and talk to people but now that we know who is who and some houses we will be able to work more solo and really get this area going. I know the lord has a plan for me and I’m so grateful that he trusts me and Hermana Maldonado with this area.  There has never been sister missionaries here before.  We are famous and everyone loves us...even the testigos de jehovah. haha 

But I love you all so much. I’m so excited that I get to talk to you guys in 2 weeks!! The time really has gone by so fast. I’m almost half way done with my mission...que loco!! -bah. Take care, read the Book of Mormon everyday and know that I love you all so so so much. Enjoy the little things! Love you!

Love, Hermana Bosco


No comments:

Post a Comment