March 5, 2012

One of those weeks...

Hola Hola Hola,
 
This week was...hmmm how can I say this in the nicest way possible. Its kind of like the first week of basketball try-outs when you know you are really out of shape and that practice is just going to be awful for the first week. Some people like to call it hell week. This week for us missionaries was Satan week.  Ugh. I can't even tell you how much I HATE satan. Yes. HATE. He is the only person I actually hate and I know hate is such a strong word but really I don't like him at all and he is just vacationing in Rosedal right now. Ugh. We don't have any progressing investigators, we barely have investigators. We didn't have anyone come to church this Sunday and we even went to an investigators house but no one answered the door. We didn't have very good numbers this week (and I know numbers aren't the most important thing but it kind of shows what you did this week). One day after lunch my companion was REALLY sick and so we were in the pension all day. I'm not even sure what I did...because it was just me and my thoughts for a good 18 hours or so. I'm not sure why Satan is so strong right now...its so annoying. Also there is an Elder in our Zone that has chicken pox...oh geez. His name is Elder Cameño (pray for him that he can heal fast and get back to being a missionary!!)
 
I've learned a lot about agency on my mission and how it really is such a powerful gift that Heavenly Father gives each of his children. Gerardo was supposed to call us this Friday and tell us Yes or No for his baptism. He didn't call Friday. He didn't call Saturday. On Sunday we got a missed call from his mom's cellphone, called back and no one answered. So really I have no idea how he is doing and what he has decided to do. We have done our part, Heavenly Father for sure has done his part and now we are just waiting for him to do his part. Agency, although I'm grateful for it...its really frustrating.  
 
I really don't have much to say this week. Sorry!! But once again I have learned that I really do have one of the greatest families on planet earth. I am so glad that my parents are sealed in the temple and that we can be together forever. There are so many families here that the parents are just living together and marriage is probably the farthest thing from their minds. Its really sad. We are so blessed. Not only to have a family that is so strong in the gospel but to have this gospel. Also to live in the United States of America. Sometimes when I'm walking down the street I hum the national anthem to myself because I really am so proud to be an American. This fourth of July is going to really hard for me! haha  We are so blessed with so many freedoms and such clean houses and such bugless houses. I don't know how else to put it, but some of these people live in dirt. Seriously. Its so sad but at the same time they are so happy to just have a home.
 
Its incredible the things I've learned here on my mission. Not only about this gospel but about myself, about families, about the many blessings I've had in my life and continue to receive from my Heavenly Father. I am also so grateful for my relationship with my father in Heaven. I know he loves me so much and has such a grand plan for me. For all of us. I know its because I'm a missionary, but sometimes at night when iI'm not really tired and don't want to sleep yet and its like 9:45 for fun I read the Book of Mormon or just talk with my heavenly father. I have had some great conversations with my Father and sometimes I pretend that my family is right by my side laughing and having the same conversation. I love my savior Jesus Christ and his atonement. Without the atonement I would be a mess and probably on a plane coming home. He has given me so much strength and I love him so much.
 
Sorry this email isn't very long, but know that I love you all so much and am so proud of my family and all of their accomplishments. Also for my cousins who are serving missions. Cy! I hope you heal fast! I'm glad my family was able to be there for you!  [Her cousin Cy has been in the MTC for a few weeks but decided to take a few days off and get his appendix out! Thank goodness it was here and not in Chile. He is back at the MTC and should be as good as new when he flies to Chile in April]  Missions really are such a great blessing for not only the missionary but for their families also. Thank you for your examples to me. Love you all so much!
 
Disfruten los cosas pequeños (I can't remember how to spell that word...so don't worry if its wrong. haha)
 
Les Amo,
Hermana Karissa Dee Bosco
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment