March 12, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos

I can't believe another week has come and gone....people aren't kidding when they say the mission passes by so fast! This last wednesday I hit my 6 month mark in the mission. WHAT?! One third done with my mission? Its so crazy. I can't believe it. This week was also transfers! haha I forgot to mention that last week...haha and the big news is....
 
Happy 6 month mission birthday

I´M STAYING IN ROSEDAL FOR YET ANOTHER TRANSFER!! haha I'm also staying with my companion Hermana Zabala. I'm content with the news so I hope you are too. haha This transfer we are going to find people and baptize a fool!
We had a miracle this week! Oh I love miracles! One of the recent converts of the church has a friend named camilla. She is about 10 years old and is always asking us when we are going to come and teach her. (I'm sure you are all thinking...ok Karissa...why have you waited to long to teach her!!!) I know...But we have to talk to her father first to get permission and we could never find him, their house or Camilla haha BUT the other day we were leaving an appointment and Camilla and her father were sitting outside of their house just chilling. I looked at my companion and we practically ran over to them because we didn't want to miss this opportunity! We started talking to them and her father was like yeah that would be just fine. This is exactly what I want for my daughter and for me. I want to change my life. I'm just sad and have a lot of pain in my life (he is separated from his wife and drinks and like a lot of the people and families in Argentina just need something to look forward to in their life, becuase there isn't anything). So we were like...perfect! This is exactly what you are looking for and we set up an appointment. We should have just walked him to the baptismal font and baptized him, but there weren't any elders around haha
So we went the next day to talk with him and guess what? Yep...he wasn't there. Awesome. So on Sunday (yesterday) we didn't have any plans set so we were like we'll pass for his house and see if he is there...and guess what? He was there! Just sitting in the front of his house talking to his neighbors who are like 6 and 4 haha.  So we started teaching him and he started crying and he really does want to change his life for him and for his daughter.  He just looked so sad the whole time and you could really tell that he was missing something in his life (the gospel) So my companion was like do you have any alcohol or beer or anything like that in your house right now. Because we are here to help you make these changes in your life. He was like yeah...I do. So she was like can you bring it to me...these little steps will help you start making these changes. WIthout any questions asked he was like yeah! So he wrapped his vino in a bag and gave it to my companion just like that!! IT was almost too easy! haha
I'm so excited for him and his daughter. His name is Rojelio and his daughters is Camilla. I really have a strong feeling that they will be our next baptisms hopefully on the 31st of March. We are going to put this date with him and his daughter this next visit! I'm so excited. 


This last transfer we didn't have tons of success but I know this transfer will be so different because we got a new bishop and he is really into the missionary work. Which is great. We are going to start working more with the members too! I'm so excited. I really feel like Rosedal will see a lot more success this transfer and hopefully for the rest of its life! I love this work and yes it is hard and frustrating at times, but really its all so worth it. I am definitely not a perfect missionary (far from it) but I really want to become the best missionary that I can be. I really want to make differences in the lives of these people.   I love them and really want to see these changes. 
I love you all so much and think about you daily.  Thank you for your support and your letters and your prayers. I can feel the love of the Lord through all of you and I hope you can feel the love of the Savior through me. I love my savior so much and I hope when people make comments about my eyes (because it happens a lot because no one's eyes are this color here) I really hope that they can see the light of Christ in my eyes and not just the color blue. Thank you for everything. I love you all so much!
Les Quiero!

Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment