Mi amoroso familia,
Les Amo muchisimo. This week for me has been ALL about families and
the importance of a loving family. Our Heavenly Father has such a
grand plan for families and we are so very lucky to know this!
There are MANY families here that are struggling. There are MANY moms
that have children that are no older than Alexis. There are so MANY
marriages here that are having problems, members and non members.
There are MANY people here who aren't married but have children
together. There are also MANY women here who would like to be married
with their other half but the men don't at this moment want to get
married or ever for that matter. Its absolutely heart breaking. There
are so many times during the lessons that I just want to start bearing
my testimony about families in English so I can really REALLY express
myself and really let these people know the importance of families.
I always carry around a picture of my family and look at it often
because it reminds me of how extremely lucky I am and that I have 8
people that love me so much and that are always going to love me for
time and all eternity. I also think about all of my friends that have
been married in the temple and how much I look up to them and their
example. How important it is for all of us to start our families and
to forever have our families on a foundation of the gospel. We really
are so blessed!
This week was A LOT better than last week. haha Sometimes the Lord
just has to test us to see if we ACTUALLY trust him or if we just say
that we do. I think there have been many times in my life where I've
said I've trusted the Lord and that I have a testimony, but my heart
was who knows where. But I've really learned the importance of what we
say and what we do. The most frustrating thing for a missionary is
when our investigators don't keep there promises. When they say they
are going to read and come to church and they just don't. Oh how
frustrating! But then I think about my life and I can't even begin to
think of how Heavenly Father feels when I'm not obedient or when I
don't do things that I said I would especially since I know of the
blessings that can come from being obedient. Oh how frustrated he must
feel! We teach about having faith and trusting the Lord and doing all
of the little things and the Lord will do his part and then there are
times on my mission where I don't do what I've been teaching. Bah. One
lessons I've had to learn 100 times so far and probably will have to
keep learning. Live what you believe!!
We don't have too many investigators right now but we have found a lot
of families!! I'ts my favorite when we find families! Gerardo...I
don't know what he needs. He comes to church, he reads the Book of
Mormon (not everyday...so maybe thats it), he knows these things are
true and he knows of the importance of having the gift of the holy
ghost in our lives...but still won't commit to a date for his baptism.
He still feels unsure. BAH! We are meeting with his this Wednesday and
I think we are going to have to do a "charla franca" its pretty much
when missionaries say...we've taught you everything you need to know.
The Lord has done all that he can...now its your turn to do your part.
Its not that we don't love the people because we love them SO much but
its hard because we don't want to waste our time with someone that
doesn't want to make covenants with God. Its actually not my favorite
thing, because you really grow to love these people and care so much
for them, but we have all been giving the gift of agency and so we
can´t always win in these situations.
Time and time again I realize how blessed I am and really how all of
the blessings come from this gospel. I hope that I remember these
lessons for the rest of my life and that I always want to live a life
"like a missionary" maybe not waking up at 6:30 and going to bed at
10:30, and maybe not knocking on everyone's doors and being denied 20
times a day, but I want to live the rest of my life with the light of
Christ so bright in my eyes that people don´t even know what to do
when they are around me. They just HAVE to ask about the gospel
because its so obvious in my life. haha I wish that for every one
actually. This gospel is incredible and I really have been so blessed.
Thank you for your prayers and all of your support. It means the world to me!
Love you all so much!
Enjoy the little things!
Con amor,
Hermana Bosco
ps. Grandpa Bosco- I wrote you a letter and went to send it
today but during some Mondays everything is closed...figures. haha so
I will send it as soon as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment