February 13, 2012

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY

Familia!! Oh how much I love you all. And I love hearing about everything that goes on at home. People always think it makes missionaries sad...which its hard at times...not gonna lie, but at the
same time it makes me remember that I had a life before the mission. haha. Sometimes I just feel like I've always been here in Argentina speaking Spanish or at least trying. So thank you for making me feel like I'm RIGHT THERE WITH YA.  I'm not sure why but I was thinking about that the other day...those videos and how completely crazy I was along with everyone else in our family. haha Oh man. Love it.

So the other day we had a lesson with Gerardo. Every time we talk about his baptism date he says "I just want to read a little bit more of the Book of Mormon before I make a decision". After days of him saying this finally we were like "What are you waiting for, because you've told us that you know this book is true and you that everything we have taught you is true...so what are you waiting for?" 2 hours later (oh geesh...) we came to the conclusion that no he really hasn't asked Heavenly Father if this Book is true because he was stuck on the fact that we can't drink coffee or tea. He wants to research this topic. Well as much as I would love to stay in Argentina for 4 more years waiting for you to find out if this Church is true from the internet...no I don't really want to wait. So we told him that he can call us when he really REALLY knows that these things are true and that he is ready to make covenants with the Lord.

One thing he said really bothered me. We were talking and he was like it seems like every religion says that their religion is true (well yes...duh) and I know what you guys are teaching me is true and I want to get baptized but also I feel like its part of your own ideas as well. When he said that, I kind of got defensive (which I'm not sure why it bothered me so bad) but then I said. "No. I did not leave my
family for 18 months and come to a different country and learn a different language to share my own thoughts with you. We are representative of Jesus Christ and I know that there is only 1 true
church on this earth and it is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I also know that you know these things are true. You can read the Book of Mormon for the rest of your life and research these things on the internet, but we are here to let you know that we know these things are true because we asked Heavenly Father and we have  received our answers from God."

I actually spoke a lot more spanish in this lesson then usual, which is good but it was just so frustrating for me because he knows this Church is true but I dont actually think he has asked God to see if these things are true. It was sad for me because he was really progressing but flippen satan has to interfere and put ideas into peoples head to stop their progression. I hope the best for Gerardo
and hope with all my heart that he finds out for himself that these things are true. That is one of the keys to this religion. Every person needs to personally ask God but also they have to have the
desire to know. They have to really want to know if these things are true, after that, after we show our faith and show God that we are willing to follow him no matter what...thats when we receive our
answers. That's when God speaks to us. Sometimes yes, Heavenly Father is very generous and blesses us before we really do anything but for the most part, we need to do everything we can before we receive those blessings.

Sometimes when I'm writing I don't really know how much of it makes sense. haha But yeah that was my big story for the week. This week went by way fast. Also I have a million (that is not an exaggeration) mosquito bites on my legs. I have OFF!  I have other stuff I have who
knows what and nothing seems to keep the mosquitos away. Its so annoying. So if anyone knows of any remedies for Argentine mosquitoes...let me know!

Being a missionary is hard. My feet have blisters and caluses, I have tan lines like none other, I've gained weight, my legs are covered in bites, I have to wash my clothes by hand, I live with all sorts of
little creatures, we have to walk everywhere in the heat...and I mean heat. BUT despite all of that stuff I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I love that my legs are covered in bites and have blisters, I love that I have to walk everywhere in the heat and that I'm constantly wet from the humidity. I love that I've gained weight because the food here is delicious. I love that I have to wash my clothes by hand and hang them up on a clothes line. I love everything about being a missionary. I love the spanish language and one day know that I will be fluent in this language. I love the people of
Argentina. I love this gospel and love how much our Heavenly Father wants to bless our lives.

But I also know that we can receive 10  times the amount of blessings if we show just THAT much more faith. If we are THAT much more obedient we can receive tremendous amounts of blesssings from our Father in Heaven.

I know that my redeemer lives. I love him. He is truly my Older Brother whom I respect and love so much. My testimony has grown so much in these past 5 months. Its incredible what this gospel has to
offer. Remember the covenants that you've made with your Father in Heaven and always remember that he wants to bless you.

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and your support.
It means the world to me. Thank you for everything.

Enjoy the little things because I sure am!!

Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment