February 6, 2012

Epanol anyone?

Familiasito!
Sometimes you can just add a "sito" at the end of a word and it makes is small. haha for example that says small family. haha or something like that. With some words it works and others no...but for right now its just going to be correct.
Tan Lines



First things first. Today I straightened my hair because I just haven't for 5 months and really wanted to (and my companion has a straightener) haha AND....my hair is so long!! I'm sending a picture so no worries. Guess how long it was stayedd straight?  yep about 3 second after I walked outside and now it is wavy. haha humidity is nuts!
This week was great, hard, interesting, rewarding, tiring...name it and it was probably something I felt this week. This week was my first week with my new companion who doesn't speak english :) For those of you that don't quite understand what that means...it means that last week I didn't speak english. I think I had 1 converstion with an Elder in my district but thats it. Its hard, is challenging, but OH MY GOODNESS I DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH FOR A WHOLE WEEK! HOW REWARDING! And I was able to accomplish everything I needed to. Incredible this gift of tongues. Absolutely incredible.
Hermanas Bosco y Zabalas
The other thing that happens when there are transfers is that I, because I was the one who stayed in the same area, have to know where everything is. The houses of the investigators, the houses of the members, the streets and their names and things like that. Hard, challenging, but once again rewarding because I knew how to get everywhere. I really had to learn to trust in myself and that I really do know this area. I've been here for 3 months and I am prepared to be the leader for a week or so.
As missionaries we have various meetings weekly and this week I was kind of in charge of all of them because my companion doens't know the investigators and such and let me tell you. I have never felt so alone in my life. It was really hard for me to have to explain things through my broken spanish and to understand people and to try to do everything as a gringo who doesn't really know spanish. I was on the verge of crying one day because I really just felt like...how am I going to do this. How am I going to get through these next weeks if I feel so alone. So I said a prayer and directly asked for the gift of the atonement in my life. I needed it more than ever. Let me tell you that our Heavenly Father loves his missionaries and my Heavenly Father loves me. I felt as though my parents were right there giving me a huge hug. I felt so unalone. I felt so loved and that I really could do it. That if I just rely on my Savior I can do hard things. I can do things that seem absolutely impossible. What an incredible blessing that was in my life. I love my savior and need him in my life every single day. We all do.
My investigators. Incredible! There is Natalia and Paula. Natalia is 18 and doesn't think she can change her life, but really I think its because her mom is always telling her that she can't. Her mom is a member but is really inactive. It's really sad and I really want Natalia to know that she CAN change! That she can do whatever she wants to do with her life. Paula is 9 and has more faith than Nephi at times! haha She is so cute and love the Book of Mormon. She came to church all by her self yesterday!! I love her!
Gerardo is 30. Single and living with his mom. He is also quite the obedient son...to a level that is really sad because I think that is the reason he is not married yet. but who knows. He is really smart and also like to read the Book of Mormon. He is really great and just needs to have faith and believe in things without having to see something happen.
Sergio is 56 and is the son of Emma who was just baptized! He drinks and smokes and has kind of a sad challenging life but he wants to change. He just doesn't think he can either. He is really great and loves to tell stories for hours. Seriously hours. haha
These are short rundowns of my investigators but I'm almost out of time. haha I love all of my investigators though, they are so great and I love to see their progress! Pray for them that they will remember the plan that Heavenly Father prepared for ALL of his children. I love being a missionary and I love loving these people of Argentina. Thank you for your prayers and your support!
I know this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and it was translated by Joseph Smith. I know our Father in Heaven loves ALL of his children. Even the crazy ones. :) I love you all so much and think about you often. 
Know you are also in my prayers. 
Enjoy the little things!
Love, 
Hermana Karissa Bosco

A big Gracias to Federbers, Weavers, Sis. Gornichec, Paytons, and Riches. I am so grateful for your letters, support, and your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment