January 31, 2012

AH! Storms in Argentina are serious business.

So this morning when I was writing you guys there was a lot of wind outside and somehow all power was lost so we couldn't use the computers anymore...and when the power goes out...the whole town shuts down.haha so we went back home to eat lunch and there was a HUGE storm! It was kind of crazy. Tons of wind and tons of rain. Luckily we were in our pension and all the windows were shut. ha But yeah that is the reason for why I am writing so late. But luckily I get to write at all! haha

Emma's Baptism
 This week was great! We had a baptism! Her name is Emma and she is 74 years old. I love this lady. The morning of her baptism she was having some doubts so Hermana Frias and I went over and talked to her and during this time I felt nothing but pure love for Emma. I felt a small percent of love for her that our Heavenly Father has for all of us and let me tell you. It is powerful. The feeling of true love when you really actually love someone and just want what is best for them is one of the strongest most powerful feelings in the world. I hope every one can one day find that love. The same love that spouses have for each other and that every parent has for their children. Incredible. I have been praying to have charity in my life more and Heavenly Father answers prayers because I really love the people here. They mean so much to me and sometimes I can't even communicate with them. ha Thats true love right there. :).
   
Adios to my first district
Adios Hermana Frias


Today was transfers and my mom in the mission, my companion and my
friend was sent to a different location and I now have a new
companion.  Her name is Hermana Zabala and she is from Buenos Aires.
She doesn't speak a lick of English and has no intention of learning any. She is awesome so far and I really love her, but because we are new to each other we don't talk much. I try to ask questions and talk but I can only get so far with the Spanish I know. haha But we are able to communicate thanks to the gift of tongues. BUT don't hesitate to pray extra hard for my Spanish this transfer. haha I would muchly appreciate that. Really though the language is coming along great. I'm able to understand pretty much everything and I can have a decent conversation with people. I just can't wait until I'm fluent. Absolutely fluent. haha What a great day that will be!

This transfer will be such a learning and growing transfer for me because all of my gringo friends were sent to other places and I'm not sure who all will be in my district or zone, but really Elder Gray,
Elder Larson, Elder Latierre and Hermana Frias are some of my best friends right now and I'm going to miss them SO much! They helped me so much on this mission and I am so grateful for them in my life.
I love this mission and can't picture my life without some of these people in it. I absolutely love them and I love this culture and place and food and everything about the mission. Except I may or may not
have gained a few pounds. haha don't worry though I still won't come home large. I promise. There are so many sister missionaries who come home so much bigger (at least from here) and so'I'm like way nervous about that. haha I know I shouldn't be concerned with my looks and what not but I seriously don't want to be like gigantic when I'm here. Also...I lied last week. This month I complete 5 months in the mission...not 6. haha but in march 6. 1/3 of my mission. Fast! way to fast! Ive really learned to just enjoy things. They only happen once and this mission is going way to fast to not enjoy all the little things about it. All the hard times, all the trials, all the laughter, all the tears. Just everything this mission has to offer. I'm going to enjoy it.

Thank you for your prayers and your love. You all mean the world to me. And I want to let my brothers know that I am SO stinking proud of you guys! You guys are doing great in basketball and you better believe I wish I could be there and so everytime you make a basket think of Argentina and me and know that I am so proud of you and the men that you are becoming. I love you all so much! Take care of mom and dad!. Love you Dad. Love you Mom. Love you Amber. Love you Andrew.
Love you Alexis. Love you Dallin. Love you Wesley. Love you Collin.
Thank you for being the incredible family that you are.

Enjoy the little things!

Love forever,

Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment