Familia y Amigos,
Another fabulous week on the mission has flown by! Seriously they
weren't joking when they said that your mission will go by so fast. I
can honestly say that when I was in the MTC I didn´t think I would ever
get to this point...I didn't even think I would see my family again. I
just figured I signed up for EFY on steroids for the rest of my life.
haha BUT now that I'm involved in the work and loving every bit of it,
its going by so fast. In February I will only have a year left! WHAT?!
Only one year? haha crazy. Scary and still quite a bit of time but
really...its nothing. The crazy thing is that when I get home all of the
boys younger than me will be home and all the boys Dallin´s age will be
starting to prepare for their missions! I can't believe that Lincoln is
already on a mission! I remember all the salmon boys and Tara leaving
for missions and taking pictures with them before and after. (I sure
hope you continued that tradition with Linc!!) I'm so excited for
Lincoln because he has the best branch presidency in the MTC. The same
as mine! I loved them so much and he is in good hands. Don't worry Karen
Salmon :) haha
One thing I learned this week is the importance of working with the
bishop in your ward. I have been blessed with so many incredible
bishops in my life. From the 6th ward to the singles ward. I have been
so blessed with wonderful bishops who really care about his work and
will do anything and everything to strengthen the members. The
missionaries that have been in Rosedal don't have the best relationship
with the Bishop...I'm not really sure why but its pretty rough, and I
think that is why Rosedal hasn't been TOO successful. We've had our
moments but I think this area could be really blessed if we strengthen
and fix the relationship with the Bishop. SO.....THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT
I'M GOING TO DO. I'm not sure how yet, but I want to have success on my
mission and so I want to fix things with the bishop and not have this
big drama fest that's been going on for who knows how long. Because
really the bishop and the ward are the keys to successful areas.
Also once again my testimony has been strengthened about the
priesthood. I asked one of the Elders to give me a blessing this week,
because I needed one and I was missing my father to give me a blessing
(I've said this before but that is one of the things I want first thing
when I get off my mission. A fathers blessing). It was really cute
because the elder that gave me a blessing hasn´t given a blessing in
english for a long time and so he would use words that made sense but we
usually wouldn´t use. haha I love it. The priesthood is really the
power of God and it is really here on the earth today. I am so grateful
for Joseph Smith and his worthiness to do the work of the Lord. The
priesthood is one of the greatest blessings to me in my life and I have
always been so fortunate to have worthy priesthood holders as friends
and in my home. Thank you so much Dad for always being worthy to hold
the priesthood, and thank you my fabulous little brothers, Dallin,
Wesley and Collin for being worthy to hold the priesthood now. Don´t
take this responsibility for granted. You have the opportunity to hold
the priesthood, the actual power of God. Its incredible and I am so
grateful for this gift that God is willing to give his worthy sons.
It sounds like home is a party! haha there are so many things have
happened. Marriages, basketball games (seriously I miss sitting at
basketball games for 10 hours straight...weird, maybe but really I miss
it!), missions, vacations, snow...I can't believe the weather. Seriously
weird. I haven't gotten the pictures yet....but I'm looking forward to
receiving them! Tam I got your package and the cookies were delicious!
haha I need to be careful though hahaha jk It was actually really funny
because one of our investigators was like...uh you look a little fatter
that when you first came here. haha oh why thank you! I love you too.
haha They are REAL honest here and you just have to be like...yeah..I
know. ha I think its all the bread I eat though...because its absolutely
delicious here. But whatever. I have bigger things to worry about, like
peoples salvation, than to worry about my weight. I still fit into Aunt
Sue's blue skirt so we are good :) Maybe Alexis will only know what I'm
talking about but thats ok.
The weather is hot. Real hot. But I'm not complaining because I
don't like being cold BUT at the same time I'm going to complain because
I have 40 mosquito bites on EACH LEG! My legs have leprasy right now.
They are so ugly!! haha
The language is great. I can understand people really well (by
really well I mean like 70 percent of what they are saying) and I am
able to speak much smoother during lessons now. I still struggle with
normal conversations but whatever that will come with time. haha
I´m so proud of all of my cousins and friends and everything that
has gone on a mission. Its interesting being the friend at home writing
missionaries and now being the missionary. Everything just makes so much
more sense! haha
Really though, I love being a missionary. I was thinking the other
day how great I've felt these past 5 months because I've been constantly
able to have the spirit with me. What a difference that can make in
your life! Having the spirit with me as a constant companion is such a
blessing. I challenge each of you to live your lives so you can have him
with you always as well! I love this work and I love the joy I get to
bring to these people in Argentina. Thank you for your support and your
prayers. I can feel them and I promise you God is answering them and for
that I am extremely grateful. Thank you for everything. I love you all
so much!
Enjoy the little things!
Love,
Hermana Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment