This week was a fast one, and ended on a really good note! We had 3
investigators come to church!! I can't even begin to describe how happy I was yesterday when they were there. We went and picked up 2 of them and the other one just randomly...well not randomly but kind of because we had to stop teaching her for a little bit because she wasn't
willing to live the gospel. But her and her family all came to church and it made us so happy!
I love seeing the changes in peoples lives!
The other two investigators are Emma and Flor. Emma is hopefully going to get baptized on the 28th of this month and she is 74. She is darling and has celestial eyes ( as they like to call them.) She is
scared of water though because of something that happened in her childhood and so we've had to reassure her a few dozen times of the importance of baptism and why she is getting baptized and everything. Every time we visit her she has a new question. its weird because she wants to get baptized but she keeps coming up with these weird situations and things. We have seen her everyday for the past week or so and sincerely I think she will get baptized. She doesn't feel ready
but she has gotten an answer from Heavenly Father and so in the end I know she will get baptized. I have faith that she will do her part and Heavenly Father will pick up the rest.
The other investigator, Flor, is a new investigator. We met her on Friday, taught her Saturday and she came to church Sunday! Miracle? yes. I think so. She is great because she really wants to know for
herself but she is willing to find out. Honestly I prefer investigators that have 10 million questions then the ones that accept everything but never act upon it. she is about 40 something and has a
family. She is from Peru and so everytime we teach her I think of Kaylee and know that she is doing miraculous things in Peru. Flor is really great though, and I can see her being a strong member of the
church once she finds out that its true.
Being a missionary is getting easier. haha The spanish still struggles at times but im banking on another two months until I can get the real hang of it. For the most part I can understand the people I just am not quite sure how to respond. haha Whenever we teach old people they are so cute. After the lesson they are always like...its hard to understand you but you are just so cute and you just laugh and its so cute. Good luck my daughter haha they always say. Suerte mi hija. I love being called hija (daughter) its just a little love from Heavenly Father everytime I get called that.
Sometimes I think into the future and think of how fun it will be when I can fully speak spanish. Because really I love the people here!! They are all so funny and full of life and weird things but they are so great and I have so much love for them.
The other day during our studies my companion and I were talking about how essential families are to this plan and how incredible families are. I am so grateful everyday for my family. The other day we were in a lesson with a mom and her son. The mom is about 74 and the son is 50 something. He drinks and has a really sad difficult life but during the lesson he started yelling at his mom and saying how she didnt know anything about his life and a whole bunch of other stuff. I started crying because that is one thing that I cannot stand. Is when people treat their moms with disrespect, especially because I am so far from my mom. It was so hard for me to sit there and watch him say those
things to his mom. It also reminded me of the talk by (oh geesh...I can't think of her name) but in conference she talked about how fathers can raise their daughters is by loving their wives. I know that, that is so key to a happy family. Moms do so much for all of us and its really sad because there are a lot of solo moms here and women that are not appreciated. If you do one new thing this week let it be that you treat your mom, wife, sister, women with more love and respect. Especially your mom. I love my parents so much and they have done so much for me. I love you muchisimo dad. I love you so so much mom and want to thank you for always being there for me and for teaching me
how to be a loving person. I love you.
I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. I learn so much every day and am so grateful I had the strength and the testimony to get ouit of the car on september 7th (the day I entered the MTC) because I was scared to death. But because i love my savior and because i know this church is true with my whole heart I decided to sacrifice time with the people I love the most to serve the Lord because I love him the most. He is so important to me and I want nothing in my life more than for my Heavenly Father to look at me during judgement and say. Well done my daughter. I am so proud of you.
Gracias por sus oraciones y amor. They mean the world to me. Thank you
for being the most fabulous family in the world. I love you so much!
Enjoy the little things.
Love,
Hermana Karissa Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment