November 21, 2011

Primera semana

Familia!! y amigos!!

Well let’s just say missions are incredible. They really bring you to some lows but then Heavenly Father brings you to your very highest. It’s incredible. It’s been a rough week, mainly because it’s the first one haha, but it’s been super great. Here are just some funny/ weird things that have happened.

One day we were walking down the street and this man came up to my face, super close and was like *HELLO* super loud. haha I just started laughing because I was like what?? ha

If you are feeling bad about yourself come to Cordoba because you get honked at and whistled at and talked at all the time. It’s fabulous....ha its really not but I have no idea what they are saying so I just don’t look and I keep walking. haha

My feet are so ugly. ha I have big holes in the back of my heel and blisters on the bottom of my feet. pretty huh?

No one has ever heard of the name Trevon...not even the americans here!! haha what? I thought that was a very normal name. ha who knew...

Anyway, my area is Rosedal and I love it. The people are incredible and the area is really pretty. Its different...Its a lot like downtown Provo...the scary parts included but its really pretty. My companion is from Salta and we have such a good time together. The language is a barrier but its fine. We communicate somehow. Haha. Last night it rained and the streets were flooded! There was so much rain and lightning and thunder. It was incredible. The lightning was like pink and the thunder was shaking our pension but it was pretty sweet...not gonna lie.  We have some pretty incredible investigators and I wish I could in detail write about each one but there is no time and I actually don’t know that much about them because I don’t know what they are saying. haha but there are a lot of teens who are interested right now and its really cool because at the age they are at you would think that it wouldn’t be *cool* or whatever but they are really wanting to know and its been such a strength in my life. There are lots of families that we are teaching too but its hard because a lot of them are either not married or seperated or whatever so talking about eternal families can be hard sometimes, especially since I can’t do it without crying. haha not gonna lie I’ve been a faucet lately. Mornings are hard for me for some reason...the rest of the day I’m fine but mornings are rough.

Surprisingly I’m not scared of the birds here but we did see a baby bird fall out of a tree today and die and I almost threw up...it was so gross. blah. the cats are the nastiest thought. There is this cat that lives by us and it has one creepy eyeball and one normal and I just want to cringe when I see it. so gross. and it always eats these nasty chicken things.

mom! I love your hair! so cute and Collin...those teeth are going to be so stinking handsome when I get back!

Oh another thing...everyone here is so tone deaf...its so hard to sing because I’m the one that sounds like I’m off. haha but its ok. its just really funny sometimes.

The members here are great and I love the ward they are so helpful and we eat at their houses everyday for lunch. Breakfast and dinner we are on our own, which gets interesting. ha we eat crackers and dulce de leche all the time. Let me tell you...there will be a suitcase full of dulce de leche when I come home haha. SO delicious!  (Toms [shoes] on the other hand...I can’t make any promises. ha once I speak the language and can figure things out I’ll get back to that topic. Haha)

I love you all so much. I sent letters home but they will take about 20 days they said...so be expecting some letters in a week. or so. haha but know that you are such a strength to me and I love you so much. The lord really is looking after me and has strengthened me so much at times. Its hard work but everything I’ve done is so worth it when one person accepts the baptism challenge and we set a date for them.  Its an incredible feeling because the spirit is so strong and you can just see the spirit working in them. Its remarkable. I love you so much and miss you. take care of each other for me!

Happy Thanksgiving! which I won’t get to participate in this year but...thats ok. haha eat lots of food for me. 

Enjoy the little things!!

love, forever and ever
Hermana Karissa Bosco 

2 comments:

  1. This email gave me my first morning smile today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun for me to read, thanks for sharing! It brings me back to my first week in Brazil; so many similarities! I remember everything seeming so different and foreign. By the time you come home (which will go by so fast), you'll be forgetting words in English (especially testimony words), everything there will seem like home, etc. You're amazing, Karissa! :)

    ReplyDelete