This week was great! We met one of the ward members friends,
Franco, taught him once, he accepted baptism and we’ve been teaching him for
the past few days and he’s great! He is supposed to be baptized on the 10th of
December. He is incredible though. You can just tell that he wants to change
his life. He is 17 years old and willing to follow all the commandments and
follow the example of Jesus Christ. It’s incredible. Its interesting to
me how many people are willing accept a baptismal date on the first time we
meet them! The spirit is an incredible thing and is really working on these
people. Its not until the next visit where we know if they are really
interested or not because they either read the Book of Mormon and ask God if
its true or not...and then they make up some weird excuse. ha People here will
say yes to anything, I’ve come to find...they don’t stick with what they agreed
to half the time but they are really willing to accept! haha There are so many
investigators that I wish I could understand because they are so funny!
Marta...the first time Marta prayed we told her how to start
and finish the prayer and what to do in the middle. So we were all kneeling and
my companion would say *dear heavenly father* and Marta would repeat. But we
told her that she would say what ever she wanted so my companion continued and
said *ask for anything you want...* meaning for Marta to ask for anything you
want and Marta said *ask for anything you want...* haha she didn’t quite get
the concept BUT she has improved! Haha She came to church and loved it and even said the prayer (a
normal one) in sunday school.
Sergio...what a champ. He lives with his mom and he is like
50 or something. Kind of a crazy man and his stories are like 30 minutes long.
(I can’t remember if I’ve already told this story or not...ha) So one lesson I
hadn’t said anything the whole time and I kept getting prompted to bear
testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ, but I kept putting it off because I didn’t
want to interrupt his stories. Finally after the spirit kicking me, I bore my
testimony to him and I could feel the spirit testify through me to him that
Jesus Christ is my Savior and that he loves each of us so much. Sergio started
crying and it was such an incredible experience. Speaking spanish and being
around spanish all day is really tough, but I’m learning, even though I’m not
perfect at it, that if we rely on our Savior, especially as missionaries, he
truly will put the words into our mouths that these people need to hear.
It’s incredible.
There are some other investigators but I don’t have too many
stories with them. haha My favorite thing to do is talk to the little kids
because I can’t understand them and they definitely can’t understand me so its
just really funny. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and realize that I’m
across the country in a different place speaking a different language and it
scares me, but then I look at myself in the mirror and have to tell myself
that I’m a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I
will be just fine. haha it sounds funny but sometimes its how I get through my
days.
Dad. Thank you so much for that article. I loved it! So
inspiring and I know I could work on being more thankful in my life. We
honestly have been blessed with so much. Just the fact that we can flush toilet
paper is an incredible thing in our lives! haha I love you so much and
sometimes can’t even look at a picture of you because I start crying. Thank you
for being such a strength in my life. I love you more than I’ve shown and more
than you know.
Mom. Our ward seriously is incredible and I’m so grateful I
was brought up by that ward because it has seriously made me the person I am
today. Thank you for being an incredible example to me and for your
emails. They are also such a strength to me. It really is so hard being away
from you guys but honestly I know it brings us even closer everyday we are
apart. It will honestly be a miracle when I can look at my own pictures without
crying or getting choked up. haha
Boys!! Basketball is starting! I’m stoked for you all! I
miss basketball games and watching you play. You are all going to dominate.
Collin...try not to wear yourself out! That is so many games! You are going to
be a stud on the court though so make sure mom takes lots of videos and
pictures or whatever. I miss you boys so much, but just know that this mission
is the greatest decision I’ve made in my life thus far. You will all be
incredible missionaries when the time comes...and don’t worry Coll..the time
will pass by so fast! ha some days it doesn’t feel like it but its already been
almost 3 months! ha 15 will be nothing.
Mis Hermanas y cuñado [brother in law]. I hope school
is going so well for all of you! I’m sometimes grateful I don’t have to worry
about taking tests or anything like that. haha but you are all incredibly
intelligent so I know you are just fine. And I guess Ambs you don’t
have to take tests, but give them. haha Anyway I love you all so much and want
you to know that I think about you all the time. You guys mean the world to me
and I want to thank you for being my best friends. I love you!!
Friends. How I miss you all! haha I love you all and
can’t wait to be the only single friend when I get home. haha just joking but
its fine if I am. haha but seriously all of you are such great examples to me
and I love you dearly. Make sure that you are reading the Book of Mormon EVERY
DAY! It will bring you such strength in everything you do. I can promise
everyone that if there is something in your life that is a problem or whatever,
the Book of Mormon can strengthen you and give you the answers that you need.
Love that book and make it a part of your life!
I do cry at times but don’t worry about me. I’m perfectly
content and love each of you very much. Thank you for being examples and incredible
people. I love you all so much!
Enjoy the little things!
Love, Hermana Karissa Bosco
Oh tell sister barbara smith that the kids LOVE the CTR
rings so thank you so much!!
also the computer i’m using doesn’t have a thing for
pictures...so no pictures this week. Sorry!!
Karissa is a such a great writer. What a beautiful letter and tribute to your family. I am so proud of her and I've never even met her!! : )
ReplyDelete