November 14, 2011

FIRST EMAIL FROM ARGENTINA

I made it and it was all in Spanish!

I made it!!! It´s beautiful here and not really what I expected. I´m not really sure what I expected but it´s different.  The people are incredible and I´ve already fallen in love with half of them. that is one thing that has really helped me cope with the differences of being in a different country is the people. They are so great and so patient!! haha ...thank goodness...
In our pension, where we live, its just a small place but its home! ha the bathroom is the weirdest part. there are three sections. the toilet that you can´t flush toilet paper down...so yep we just have a little bag next to the toilet to put everything in. next we have the shower that you have to like sweep the water into the drain when your done and then last we have this machine that i´m not actually sure what its used for because she explained it to me in spanish BUT I beliéve its when you have to go number 2...you spray your bum with it or something. ha I have no idea. let´s just say I´ve promised myself that I will only go number 2 in the church. haha oh geesh. talk about a long 16 months!
Well yesterday we got right to work and I loved it. it started raining when we walked to church and by the end of church we practically had to swim home. the streets were FULL of water and we had to cross like 15 of them. ha it´s so fun to talk to the people and just get to know them and then teach them something that is so dear to me! It´s still hard because my spanish is pretty broken ha but I´m getting better and being patient with myself. I´ve only broken down a few times and usually its just when I´m silent and thinking too much so I always try to ask spanish questions and then it gets my mind off of the hard things. 
My companion is the best. Hermana Frias. She is such a hard worker and guess what?! only speak like 10 words of english. it´s awesome. its hard to communicate but we get the job done so it´s all good! She is about 5 2...if that. Let´s just say I´m the tallest one in Argentina right now. haha just kidding but I feel so huge walking next to her its funny. There was an elder who came with us that is like 6´4...so I´m not really sure how he is fitting it all of these houses. I love it here though. I just keep waiting for the day...which i know will come later...but i´m waiting for the day when i just wake up and understand spanish! I just feel so out of the loop here. haha I know I couldn´t be in a better place though.
We taught a few people yesterday and knocked some doors and got rejected but thats what missionary work is all about ha. We taught this family with 3 little kids and can I just tell you I´m in love. they are like 13, 10 and 7ish. They are absolutely darling. at the end of the lesson they were all playing with my hair because it´s a fro here and because it´s so shiny ha...I didn´t know what they were saying at the time but apparently thats what went down...ha and then they started talking about my eyes and how blue they were and something to the fact that I was probably wearing contacts to make them that color. haha I love them and they are seriously darling. I believe Emanual the 13 year old is baptized, so we are now working on Milagros which means miracle in spanish. Let´s hope her name comes to life and she gets baptized...not that it would be a miracle but you get it.
I really do love it here though and know that I am in the right place. It´s definitely hard and it´s definitely scary and there are definitely 5 dogs on every corner...but the lord is watching over me and knows exactly what i need in my life and this is just it. 
I´m so grateful for this opportunity to serve the lord and we will all be forever blessed because of it. Thank you so much for your examples to me. I love you all so so much. It was SO great to hear my family at the airport. I knew I missed them but really you don´t realize it until you hear their voices. It was so fabulous and I can´t wait until Christmas to hear their voices again. I love you all so much and it will be so sweet when we are reunited but for now we all need to be the strongest we can because i need all the extra strength I can get. ha Thanks again for everything you´ve done for me in my life. I love you. les amo.
Enjoy the little things
Love Hermana Bosco
p.s i am going to try to send pictures...we´ll see if it works ha

No comments:

Post a Comment