December 5, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...ha not at all!


Como anda?!

How is my favorite family on planet earth? And how are all my favorite friends and neighbors? haha I’m never really sure where to begin with these emails so I’ll answer some the questions I received from my mama.

I’m not exactly sure what consists of a city....but in my area its just me and my companion, actually I think there might be 6 in my city...2 sisters and 4 elders. I’m not positive though.  There are sisters close by...they are about 20 minutes away. So not too bad.  There are 20 sisters in all in my mission and about 100 elders...if I understand correctly. haha I’m never exactly sure what’s going on but I think that’s about right.

There are days when I have so much energy and am so excited to go talk to people and other days when I just feel like crying would be a better solution. haha To be honest most days I’m fine...I mean its definitely hard but for the most part I’m involved in the work and don’t think too much about home and what not. BUT on Sundays I usually break down a time or two because I get super homesick on Sundays. haha I think it just comes with me being an emotional girl anyway and feeling the spirit doesn’t help with the whole crying thing either. But its also just part of being a missionary. Learning how to cope with different surroundings and what not.  I’m getting used to things but I know it will be a good 4 months before I really start feeling like I belong here and can hold my own.

Our apartment is not too shabby. I’ll send some pictures, but no we don’t have anyone who cleans, just us, and we have ward members do our laundry sometimes except we have to wash our own garments. Which we just put some water, soap and bleach in a bucket...let it sit for a few days and then wash them with soap again then we are rinsing them and then hang them up to dry. haha I usually hang mine in the shower...I don’t trust outside yet...maybe one day.

The language is coming....I can understand way more then I can speak. I can actually follow a conversation. It just takes me 10 minutes to think of the answers  and how to respond. haha but I’m being patient and realizing that these people have been speaking this language for their whole lives and I’ve been speaking it for 3 months only (thank you Downing for helping me realize that...you have no idea how much strength that gave me this week).

The food here. DELICIOUS!! You boys would love it. Seriously you would love it all. The break is incredible and the meat is really good! haha and so are the sweets....I still have promised myself that I won’t get fat though. haha the members think I’m going to be huge after my mission because I love this sweet called dulce de leche. Its like a carmel spread and its heaven on earth. But I promised them that I’m going to not gain any weight. hahah

The weather is great. Hot but better then snow! haha I sweat a lot but nights are like perfect outside. It feels so great. It rains too quite a bit and when it rains...it pours! So I need to go buy some boots...next p-day. ha but yeah the weather is great. I’m doing just fine Grandma Bosco. haha the weather is treating me quite well! I have a few tan lines too. its great.

 We just go to these little server places to use the internet and it costs money to use them but every peso is worth it. haha

I really do love it here and we have great investigators. Some who aren’t as faithful in keeping their commitments and they say they will but we have some great ones! This Saturday we have a baptism and I’m SO excited. MY FIRST BAPTISM ON THE MISSION!!! I think that will really help me see the fruits of my labors. His name is Franco and he’s incredible.  Then we have another baptism set up the next Thursday after that as well. So that will be really great.  The mission is fabulous and I can see how much its already blessed my life. The Savior is my best friend and I think when I’m not teaching lessons or talking to the members I’m talking to him. I’ve never been on my knees so much but its brought me so close to my Savior and I am so grateful for that.I love my savior and everything he has done for me. I love the work that is going on all around the world and its hard, but its so great. And the look on people faces when they find out that they can change their lives is priceless and incredible. I love it and wouldn’t trade any of these hard HARD times for anything. Thank you so much for all of your strength. Especially the strength I feel from my family. Just looking at your guys picture gives me the strength I need for that moment. It’s incredible how blessed we are to have this gospel in our lives. Truly blessed.

I love you all so much!

Enjoy the little things.

Les Amo,
Hermana Karissa Dee Bosco (I miss being called Karissa...haha or Ka or Karis or Ka Ka)

p.s Thank you for writing me in spanish dad! I loved it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment