Hola Familia y Amigos!
Well another week in the MTC has passed and I can't believe I've already been here for two. It seems like I've been here for 5 years...but I love it. This last week was great. I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed as much as I did this past week, then I have in a really long time. I'm not even really sure what was so funny but I remember constantly laughing so hard that I was crying. I tried to write things down when they happened so I would remember but I don't think I got everything. Here are a few though;
- I saw Freddy!! It was "after hours" and my companion and I found a key chain so we were returning it to the front desk. There weren't a lot of people around hence the "after hours" in quotes so I wasn't really expecting to see anyone. All the sudden we walked past this group of elders and Freddy was one of them!! It caught me off guard so I kind of screamed and ran up to him. ha Slightly inappropriate for a sister missionary to run but it was fine because I was so excited. He looks great though and he is a lot taller than me now...kind of weird. :) I also saw Sister Malan a few times this week which completely made my day. It's such a blessing to see people you know in the MTC. It really does make the experience a lot easier.
- I see Kaylee every day and I love it. Her visa stuff came through so she will be missin Ashley by like a week! We ALMOST had all three of us in the MTC. Which would have been the best.
- I was asked by the MTC President if I was Randy's daughter...I was like um do you mean Robbie? and He was like uh...yes i'm getting way to old. haha it was great.
- There is an Elder here who looks like a mixture of Lindon and CJ it's crazy. I sometimes am confused when I see him...it throws me off. :)
- As a district we are only speaking spanish at lunch (it's a pretty quiet meal) and so I've been trying to remember how to say napkin, because Wesley always would say it to me but I could never remember it. So it finally came to my head and I was like "uh...cervesa?" and I pointed to the napkin so they knew what I was talking about. Then later on in the day our teacher was like who learned a new spanish word today and I was like I DID!! Cervesa. And he looked at me like I had said something really bad...so I was like..um how do you say napkin in spanish. My teacher and the class just started laughing so he wrote on the board sirvilletta=napkins and cervesa=beer. Awesome Karissa...you learned how to say beer. haha the joys of learning spanish :)
- Elder Russell M. Nelson came to our Tuesday devotional and spoke to us about the October Ensign and EVERY SINGLE MISSIONARY got a copy. Incredible. When you guys get it I recommend reading it as a family and really studying it. It's about the Book of Mormon and all 12 apostles have something in it. It was such a good devotional and we are truly led by incredible people in this church. The Lord knows exactly what he is doing and all we need to do is trust him.
I'll be sending some pictures home on Monday or Tuesday. I"m not sure how to email them...so you just get actual pictures and I'll put descriptions on the back of them so you can love my district just as much as I do.
Love you all and I'm so grateful for everyones support. You all mean the world to me.
Enjoy the little things :)
Love, Hermana Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment