Hola!!
I'll think of new ways to start the emails in spanish but for now hola is all you get. :) So I didn't think I would really get to see people I know here around the MTC but turns out I see at least 3 people a day! I love it! I see Kaylee everyday at least twice, I see Freddy every once in a while, I've seen Trevons dad everytime I go to the temple. I see Blake every once in a while (ps Blakes companion wants your autograph dad...so maybe you can send a note card or something with your autograph on it. Send two...one for Blake) haha But yeah I saw Cody by friend from work (the one who didn't eat all his nachos) and tons of other people. My district always makes fun of me because I know so many people. It's just one of the perks of being from Provo though :) I can only write emails on Fridays so if you have questions throughout the week you can write/dear elder me but I can't make any promises that I will write back asap :). I'm trying to write people in the order I get things....so don't worry your letters will come and if they don't just send me another one haha. Um...yeah we get a lot of junk food here at the MTC so maybe send something not junky. I can't really think right now. We don't have fridges either though...so that makes things difficult. I really am happy with whatever though so I'll let Collin choose something for me. Clothes and shoes are working out just fine, except I can't find the extra little socks that we packed. I could only find two pair, but I'll look later. I sent a letter that had some things in it that I needed but other then that I think I'm doing pretty good. Just prayers and love and letters :). I actually could use some more gym shirts and a sweatshirt. Please and thank you.
Ok so here is a funny story for everyone. So in the MTC there is a huge rule that sisters and elders can only shake hands....briefly shake hands. Everything else is "inappropriate". So we are all pretty good at following the rules. So one day in class we were sitting there and one of the Elders was like "today I was inappropriately touched by a sister". We all like choked because we gasped so hard! Then he was like "she squeezed my cheek!" (Now I'm sure all of you at home are thinking weird things but keep in mind that WE STILL ARE AT THE MTC so nothing TOO weird happens). We all had super puzzled looks on our faces so he was like "I was just opening the door for her and she reached up and said ok thank you very much and squeezed my cheek! Like a grandma would to her chubby grandson!" haha I was dying. I was laughing so hard and was totally shocked at the same time. I'm not really sure what was going through her head because not once in my life have I ever had the urge to squeeze someones cheek that was only 2 years younger then me! haha seriously the funniest thing. I sometimes just wish everyone could experience the MTC...what a great place.
Now I have to say congratulations to all the mission calls!!! I can't remember where all of them are going but I"m stoked for each of them. Seriously so excited for Matt Cherry, Lincoln Salmon and my studly cousin Cyrus Holt. I think so highly of all three of you and want to congratulate you on one of the best things you will ever do in your life. It has already changed my life and I've only been here for 3 weeks (almost a month). It's incredible. The things that you focus on here are 10X more important then anything you've ever focused on. The work here is incredible and to those who are speaking spanish...which if I'm not mistaken is all 3 of you? IT'S THE BEST LANGUAGE!!! I've actually been struggling with it lately (I honestly feel like I understand french better at times and I know ZERO french.) but it is still the greatest. I love it here so much and elder lee says hi!!!!!! (I was hacked). But really I do love it here and you boys (Elders) will love it as well. Don't be nervous for the MTC. It's an incredible place and since you're from Provo you see people all the time :) It's fabulous.
I sent some pictures home to my family but only hard copies...I'm still not sure if we can send pictures over email. I will be able to in Argentina, but in the MTC I'm not sure. But hopefully they can scan them on the computer or something.
Anyway I love you all and think the world of you. Thank you for all of your support and letters and prayers and everything. Um missionaries are the most prayed for people in the world but the prayers that mean the most to me are the ones that come from you. Love you all!!
Enjoy the little things.
Love, Hermana Bosco
Great posts, Sister Bosco! It doesn't take long to become in completely in love with the MTC...it's "The Happiest Place on Earth"....not Disneyland!
ReplyDelete