September 17, 2011

Guessing P-days are on Friday!

Here is Karissa's latest letter- There have been several "Karissa Sightings" at the MTC and one at the temple. Thank you to all of the kind reports. She looks happy and is doing so well. We do miss her but are so proud of her!


Bienvenido!! (Welcome)
I know that's not normally how you would start a letter but I just love that word. Anyway this week went by so fast! It actually throws me off because the beginning of our weeks technically start on Wednesday because that's when we came in...but usually you would start your week on a Monday..so I'm actually never really sure what day it is. But this Tuesday we had a devotional and I was so excited when I found out it was going to be Russell M. Ballard! He and his wife spoke to us and they are adorable. They did such a good job and made me really think about what missionary work is. I think because I've grown up in the church it's always just been there for me and I've always had a testimony, but lately I've been really trying to improve myself and really focus on why I'm here and what my purpose as a missionary is. One of my favorite lines that Elder Ballard said was something to the effect of "get up and go!" So whenever I'm having a rough day or rough moment I just think get up and go!! This MTC time is really so short and I need to learn everything I can in order to be the best missionary ever. Um...to be honest the days here in the MTC kind of blur together so I"m not really sure what has happened this week. My companion and I get along really well and spend a lot of time laughing...don't be alarmed if I come home with a six pack ;) It won't be from working out though. ha When it's gym time I usually play basketball with the elders and by basketball I mean speed because girls can't gaurd boys and it's just lame (it's a good rule...just hard when it comes to sports). BUT I did win a few times and beat a few of the "stud" elders. Bosco boys/girls (if Alexis goes on a mission) you're going to have to keep up the name in the MTC and win speed games. ha
Spanish is coming along well...and it's the hardest part of the MTC. It's kind of fun being able to pray and bear my testimony in spanish though. I saw Kaylee and Blake Garrett and it's seriously the best to see people you know at the MTC. Especially when they are girls because then you can hug them! I'm not going to lie though...that is one of the hardest things about being at the MTC. You can't even really touch them (they freak out sometimes, even when it's an accident). But I just love the elders in my district and I can't wait in two years when I see them when I can give them the biggest hug because they mean so much to me!! This email is just kind of a rambler...for some reason I'm just not sure what happened this week. I can't think of anything even though i've been busy 24/7 since I got here. The MTC really is such a great place. For any of you out there thinking of serving a mission DO IT!! Don't let any fear stop you if you know it's what you want to do in your life. I was nervous about the MTC before I left and now I'm not even sure what I was really afraid of. I think a lot of the times because we are human we are nervous about rejection and the unknown but I can tell you just from being in the MTC for a week. Those are the best 2 things that can happen to you, because they make you SO much stronger! (I haven't really been rejected yet...but I know it will happen). It sounds dumb but I really am so grateful for the hard times and the times when I am scared to death because that is when I am the most vulnerable but that is also when I have learned the most about the gospel and about myself.
I love it here so don't worry about me :) I mean dont' forget about me but know that I am in the safest place right now. Someone told me the other day that the MTC isn't a dungeon to keep us in, it's a fortress to keep others out. I love the gospel and I love my savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for his atonement. I love you all so much and think about you often. Take care!!
Love forever, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment