December 26, 2012

Feliz Navidad 2012

This email isn´t going to be THAT detailed because I talked to the best family on planet earth and yeah....told them everything and nothing at the same time. (Not gonna lie sometimes its a little awkward...hope its not like that when I'm at home haha) so I'm not really sure what more I can write. So for this Christmas email I am just going to bear my testimony to you guys so you know what I know and feel about this special season.
I know that through Christ we can do all things. We can change ourselves and we can be better people. We can take the lives that we've been given and make them the lives that we wan to live. There is part of a quote that my sister shared with me one day that said, "Christ doesn't take the people out of the slums, he takes the slums out of people so that they can take themselves out of the slums." Something like that, I absolutely love it because its how the atonement works. We know that through Christ all is possible but we also know that we have to put in our parts if we want to change. The Savior didn´t suffer for all of us so we could just dilly dally our way through life. He died for us so we could put our pains and trials on him so we can move forward. Without the atonement of Christ we can not change...we can not be better. It isn't possible...it just isn't. He taught us the path that we need to take in order to be saved, in order to be happy and in order to return to live with him again.

As a missionary we love using analogies. Here is one especially for the Bosco Family. The gospel and Disneyland. Christ isn't just going to give us fast passes to the pearly gates. Fast passes don't exist in heaven. You have to wait in the long long miserable line if you want to enjoy the ending the "prize".  But thankfully we don't have to walk and wait through the line by ourselves, we are accompanied by Jesus Christ. He has the umbrella for us when it rains, he has the water bottle waiting with ice when its super hot outside. He has the arm we can lean on when our feet are just killin us. Through whatever thing he will be there for us. He will walk the line with us and will not leave us solo. And one day with his help we WILL make it to the ride to the end of the line. We will have gone through a lot but its always worth it. No matter how long the line is...its ALWAYS worth it. 

Jesus Christ is our Savior and he loves us so much. He is always waiting for us to turn to him and ask him for help. This next year try to live a little closer the the life that he lived. Try to involve Christ more in your lives, because I promise that if you try to get more closer to him he will be more closer to you and you will be able to tell the difference in your life, before and after. I love my Saviore and am so grateful to have this special holiday during the year where we can stop and ponder about what he really did for us and about what this life really is all about. I'm so grateful for him and that I have this opportunity to serve him. 

I love you all so much and hope you all had a Happy Happy Christmas. I for sure did here. 

Love you all ya little changitos.
Enjoy the little things.

Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment