October 8, 2012

What would we do without the Prophet?

WAS GENERAL CONFERENCE NOT ABSOLUTLEY INCREDIBLE!!!!

I wish everyone could watch general conference as a missionary. It´s incredble. I also wish that everyone in the world would watch general conference, especially our investigators....they could use some of the tips that the prophets and apostles give us. haha but thats why the missionaries are here. (because we obviously know everything right? "ask the missionaries!!").  I actually got to watch conference in english...now that I think about it. I was conference at the same exact time as all of you. Because here its from 1-3 and then from 5-7 which is 9-11 and 1-3 in our house. haha thats cool! I actually JUST BARELY thought about that. Ask the missionaries but don´t be surprised when the missionaries tell you to ask the "other" missionaries. haha I loved the talk by Elder Holland too! He is always so powerful and really drops cane. I love it.  I can´t remember everything that was said but seriously I loved conference. It´s funny because as a kid conference is the LONGEST weekend on planet earth....as a teenager its interesting but there are SO many other things I could be doing....as a missionary its like 2 seconds long. I wish we had general conference like every other month. I love hearing the prophet speak and feeling that sensation that he really is the prophet in our days and he holds the keys that seal us together as families. 

So today were transfers. I got transfered. I cried like a baby. Capilla Del Monte is like my home away from home. Seriously. I love the people, the area, the hippies, the everything. I´m going to miss it terribly. BUT I also know that things happen for a reason and that I'm where I'm supposed to be right now. I went from calm, peace and love Capilla Del Monte to Cordoba Capitle...the very center of all the craziness. Its weird for me. I actually feel like super weird being in a city. haha I thought I was going to stay with my "daughter" for one more transfer, but the Lord had other plans for me. My new companion is Hermana Medero. She is also from Uruguay (so far i´ve only had companions from Argentina and Uruguay). She is the sweetest girl and has the worst luck in the world. She has been robbed 3 times and this last time they broke her collar bone. Poor thing. She is in a cast thing and can´t really do anything. I have to help her get dressed and cut her food and everything. I´m actually kind of excited to be able to serve her 24/7. There is nothing more fun for a missionary to do than to serve other people. Its the greatest. I´m pretty excited because there are also a lot of my converts from Rosedal that now live here or have family in this area! So i´m going to be working on eternal families!!!

Now to all of you 18 and 19 year olds who read this (maybe Dallin and Alexis are the only ones, but its fine....your both my favorite 18 and 19 year olds anyway..:) ). I´m so pumped for you! We were talking with all the missionaries and were discussing why we think they decided to change it. This was my theory...We are going to be needing A LOT more missionaries in the field to get this work going and usually what kills the missionaries is the year after high school in college. Not all, but most end up making an error of some sort and then can´t go on a mission...or if they do its in like 1 or 2 years. BUT WE NEED YOU NOW!!! We need to build this kingdom with as much urgency as possible. One wise returned mission from my mission always tells me "remember Hermana the urgency of salvation. Baptize! Baptize! Baptize! It´s true! Those of us that are baptized and keep our convenants are saved! Don´t we want that for our family and friends as well! There is urgency in the work of the Lord and for this reason I believe they are letting missionaries go out younger. I just know that the number of missionaries is going to increase immensely!! (I have no idea how to spell that word). 

I love you all so much and you´re all continuously in my prayers. 
Enjoy the little things.
Stay strong Bosco boys....everything will be alright. Thats a promise from one of the Lords representatives.
I love you!!

Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment