July 10, 2012

Happy 4th...Happy 9th...

Hola Familia!

Hoy es 9 de Julio el día de independencia por Argentina. Feliz día!!!
[Today is the 9th of July- Independence day in Argentina. Happy Day!]

So we had one funny experience and one miracle this week. (We always have funny experiences and miracles but these two are the best).

So the funny experience. We were talking to a dad of a recent convert. The first time we met him he was atheist and now he believes in something...so we are progressing. haha So after our lesson with him we were like "hey we would like you to say the prayer and ask if the Book of Mormon is true". He was like "uh...no I can't I'm too embarrassed."
us "no you'll be fine, we will go inside your house were no one can see us and we will just say a short prayer"
him "no seriously I'm too embarrassed and its really dirty in my house"
us "its ok...we really don't care. vamos.(lets go).
So we go in his house and my compi and I kneel down...he doesn't kneel because he is too embarrassed still. haha so finally he was like ok ok ok "what do I need to say..." so we explained one more time how he needed to start and end the prayer and then in the middle he could ask a specific question. So he was like ok. So we close our eyes and are sitting there for a few minutes and he doesn't say anything. So we just wait patiently. Then all the sudden he was like. "ok I said it." hahaha he said it in his mind!!! haha I was trying so hard not to laugh. I figured that since we were there with him he would just say it out loud but whatever. A prayer is a prayer. haha It was really great. The mission is incredible.

The miracle now. So last week we found this 18 year old girl names Estefania. She was really great and we got to teach her a little bit before her dad's crazy girlfriend kicked us out of the house. But whatever. So we couldn't get a hold of her all week and ended up passing by her house again on Sunday. So we taught her the Plan of Salvation because her mom passed away. So after the lesson we put a date of baptism with her on the 28th of July. And she accepted it. After a few more minutes of talking to her she was like, "yeah about 2 years ago I went to a Mormon church everyday and was almost baptized, but I just didn't feel ready, but now I do and would like to be baptized." UM OK!!!! So maybe do you want to be baptized on the 15th of July? and Estefania was like..yeah! haha oh my goodness. Sometimes when things like this happen my companion and I don't know what to say and we just are standing there with goofy grins on our faces. haha I love it. So we have a baptism next week!!! we are so excited because also this month our mission has made a goal that EVERY AREA baptizes!!! We definitely don't want to be left out! haha

Thank you so much for your support and your prayers and you betcha I prayed for rain in Utah. I'm glad everyone is safe. Thank you so much for everything. It really does make a difference to missionaries when their families and friends are supportive. We had 5 missionaries go home last week...its was really hard to hear about. (don't worry...I'm not coming home until Feb or Mar...most likely Feb.) I love you all so much and look at your pictures daily..because they give me the biggest boost! Love you all!

Enjoy the little things!
Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment