June 26, 2012

It isn't always easy...


No pics again this week.
"I keep trying to send pictures but they won't load....ugh. Frustrating but whatever."

Hola Familia!

This week was a good week...a normal week but a good one! Sometimes I can't think of what happened during the week so it all just seems normal. I love Argentina and feel so comfortable here. I just feel like I've always kind of lived here. haha its great...weird because I just live in Spanish. Its incredible. Oh I remember something that happened this week...

So we were contacting people and knocking doors during the siesta (from like 3-5ish everyone in Argentina sleeps...ok not everyone but most people.) So we didn't have any planned lessons so we were trying to find new people. So we knocked on this one door and out walks this guys so I start talking "Hola we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ..." And he cuts me off...sticks his finger in my face through the fence and was like "I haven't slept for 2 days and you come knocking on my door during the siesta and blah blah blah. Here in Argentina some people like to sleep during the siesta..." then he walked off.

Now I'm sure you are all thinking two things...How rude! and wow...buck up Hermana Bosco...you're a missionary you're going to get rejected. Well yes. As missionaries we get rejected ALL the time but its rejecting the message and its just sad because we know how many blessings they can receive through our message, but this time was different. Because it was a personal attack on me and that I was from a different country. After he went inside I just felt awful. I had this emptiness in my stomach and just felt like nothing. Of course I started crying (but only like 20 tears) and then as we were walking I started thinking about our Savior and how he feels every time this message is rejected, because its Him that the people are rejecting. Or how He must have felt when they were about to crucify him. When his friend rejected him, when the people were so cruel and so against him. I can't even imagine how he must have felt. Or when he atoned for our sins and felt everything that we have felt but 100 times worse. It was a moment in my life that made me realize that I don't ever want to do anything where Christ has to feel this rejection. It seriously was the worst feeling I have felt in a long time.

The same with Joseph Smith when the people over and over and over would reject him. I have so much respect for the pioneers and for Joseph Smith and Emma and all the people that were rejected over and over for this gospel so WE in these days could have the freedoms and the blessings that we have. The thing that I love the most is that after the rejection, Christ, and Joseph Smith didn't give up and neither do we as missionaries and members of this church. I hope none of you have to ever feel this rejection (I'm ok now...stronger now if anything from this experience). We have so much to offer and so much to give to the world. Be valiant, be brave and share this message with everyone...even if it take 10 rejections, the one persons that accepts will be all the worth it.

I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support and love. I just have one request...if you could all pray that I have dreams about baptisms and angels or something that would be great. haha I keep having dreams about being at home with my family, or in the airport with my grandparents after the mission. Which is all cute and fun, but I have 8 months left....haha I love you all so much...know that and don't ever forget it.

Enjoy the little things!
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment