May 28, 2012

Best week ever

This past week was THE BEST week in the mission.  We had 3 baptisms!!! Gaston, Angel and Rocio.  I can't even tell you how incredible it is so witness a baptism of your own converts. The baptism wasn´t the only thing that made this week incredible, there were miracles and incredible moments that I am going to share with you because seriously...this is why I'm on a mission.
 
First. We get to the house of the family to make sure they are ready for their baptism. Everyone was ready except Angel...he wasn't home. Oh geesh...serious?! So his brother was like "I think he is playing close to the house I'll go grab him". 5 minutes later he comes back and was like, "Angel doesn't want to go and doesn't want to come with us". My heart practically fell out of my chest. So I was like...ok where is he. So Gaston and I and a female member of the church (I add that so you all know I wasn´t alone and didn´t break any rules. haha) went to find Angel. We crossed this river and rocks and mud and cual quier otro cosas until we found Angel playing soccer with about 20 of his friends. So I call him to come over here for a few seconds. He comes over and was like "I don´t want to go, I'm playing soccer." So I looked at him and bore my testimony to him about baptism and how important it was and how much Heavenly Father loves him and wants him to "sacrifice" just one day of soccer for your baptism. After about 5 minutes of this, he looked at me and was like "can you go grab my pants so we can go." Oh family, you don't even know how much joy filled my heart in this moment. I was like "yeah of course!!". So we grab his pants and we start leaving and all of his friends were like "angel, where are you going...come back! Don't go...come play." but he just kept on walking he didn´t even look back, not once. He is 14 years old! I'm so so proud of him. I can't even describe the feelings I had. I seriously love this kid. He doesn't have the best family situation and doesn´t do that well in school and has a rough relationship with his mom, but he has absolutely stolen my heart. I love this family. They mean so much to me and I can't wait to see them all grow in the church.
 




The next miracle was the baptismal font. When the elders went to go fill up the font, there wasn´t any water in the tube things that fill up the font...absolutely no water and the baptism was in like 3 hours (these fonts take forever to fill up) and there was NO water. sabe que es no water....no water. Oh geesh, so these elders were doing everything possible, calling people, trying to figure out what to do...and do you know what happened? The font started filling up with water. No scientist on planet earth could explain what was happening...only God and his incredible love for his children and his missionaries. Incredible no!?!? Oh man. I just was so happy this past week. I can´t even describe it!
 
I know that this church is true and am so grateful for this oportunity that I have to serve my Savior and Heavenly Father in this work. I love being a missionary. ITs hard, its tiring and it does wonders on your body, but everything is so worth it. Its incredible the amount of love that I have for these people. I love them. I love my Savior and I love my Heavely Father. Tahnk you all for your support and for your love. I love you all so much!
 
Cuidense! Enjoy the little things!
 
Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment