April 2, 2012

Hola from the Birthday Girl (April 6th) 22 years old!


Hola! ¿Como están?
Um first off I just want to say I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! And to make it that much more cool I watched the entire thing in spanish and have notes from all of the talks. I'm learning to be humble on my mission...but can you all just be so proud of me!! haha I mean I didn't really have a choice because there aren't other english speaking sisters  and so I couldn't go watch it by myself with all those elders but still I WATCHED ALL OF CONFERENCE IN SPANISH!! I was so jealous of the MTC choir that got to sing at conference. What an incredible experience and NO I didn't see David Archuleta. Dang it. And I'm also so jealous for those missionaries in his area...Lincoln if you meet him, you'll have to introduce me to him in a few years. haha
Here for conference everyone goes to the stake center and watches conference on a screen. The entire stake is invited and still there aren't very many people. It's kind of sad, but they can watch it on the internet also, so I hope that's what they were doing. The hours we watch it are 1-3 and then 5-7 so we go to the church at like 12 and stay there all day. We have to bring a lunch for in between, especially on sunday because we can't go out and by food (those poor elders...none of them were prepared and we ended up having to feed a few of them. haha) Tam I got your package and made the scotcharoos and am now (If I wasn't before...still humble don't worry) the favorite sister missionary. haha Everyone was like "how do you make these!!" and I was trying to explain it but NO ONE knows how to say corn syrup in spanish! haha I'm not sure it exists here. haha
Family. You guys are the BEST! I loved how much they talked about the family in this conference, I really felt so blessed too because I have one of the best families on planet earth. Hermana Zabala recieved your package and she loved it. She glued all of the wrappers from the candies in her journal! haha she is hilarious like that. She really appreciated it and so did I. I realize I have a great family, but until the mission I didn't really HOW GREAT you guys really are! Not only my family family but my ward family tambien. The 6th ward really is the best! I've known it all my life but sometimes  I'm just reminded here on the mission how great my life really is because of this gospel.  The one thing that is absolutely incredible to me is that the church is LO MISMO no matter where you are! Here in Argentina the spirit is the same as if I were in Utah. Ah. Its incredible. Not gonna lie, I cried when they showed the temple and when I saw Carol and Brother Hoopes in the choir. It just felt so much like home. I loved it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MAMA AND COLLY BOY!! I hope you guys had the best birthday ever!! You deserve it and I hope the surprise party was still a little bit of a surprise. ha Oh you will love this story. So since you can't surprise me this year for my birthday my companion stepped up and took the job. When I completed 6 months on the mission it was a Wednesday and we have district meeting on wednesdays. So my comp was making a cake and I was like oh que rico! Who is that for? She was like oh its for Elder Vallejas because he got his visa and is leaving for Venezuela next week. I was like. Oh thats so cute! So we get to the district meeting and at the end we are all meeting as a zone and everyone starts singing happy birthday or feliz cumple. So I was like "Who's birthday is it?" and one of the elders was like. Who's birthday is it? I was like. I don't know! So then they were like Hermana Bosco. haha SERIOUS! haha and my comp handed me the cake. How am I the EASIEST person to surprise on this planet! haha Its embarrassing. haha So funny though.
The weather here is starting to cool down, so its like 80 degrees instead of 100. haha jk. The mornings are freezing! and the middle of the days are so hot! So its a battle with the ropa right now. But its the mission and what else do you expect. ha
We still don't have too many investigators in our area, but this week sí or sí we are going to start putting fechas con personas and get them baptized! General conference was like the spiritual boost that I needed. I really did love it. I can't wait to read all the talks so I really know what they said. haha. I still sometimes can't believe that I'm just living in spanish right now. This week I will complete 7 months on my mission and 5 of those 7 months I've been living with a latina. How incredible is the gift of tongues. How incredible is our Father in Heaven who wants to bless us so much and all we have to do is ask and act upon those things!

new boots!
I love this gospel. I love being a missionary and hope I'm doing what the lords needs me to do here in Argentina. I love these people and really can't picture my life without them. I know this is exactly where I'm supposed to be and yes although its hard sometimes everything about the mission is completely worth it. Thank you so much for your support and for your prayers. I feel them everyday. Know that the Lord loves each and every one of you and wants you to be happy. So Be Happy!!
Love you all so much!
Con mucho amor,
Distfruten los cosas pequeños
Amor, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment