October 29, 2011

It's Real!

Hola familia!!
I have 6 more days in the MTC and then I'll be in a different country...um can you say scary!! I'm excited though. The MTC has been one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in my life but I can't wait to go to Argentina and spread the marvelous news that we can return to our father in Heaven. I just love this gospel and already love the people of Argentina. I actually got to meet my mission presidents daughter last night because one of my teachers is her husband so he brought her in last night and we got to meet her. I loved her and know that I will love my mission presidents so much! She was so sweet and missed her father and mother dearly, but they are coming to visit in the summer so we will get to see her again! I'm excited. I also got an email from a girl from my mission who knew one of the guys in my old ward...but anyway she told me that our mission presidents are pretty much the best! I'm stoked! Ah. I just can't believe it's real. ALSO...I'm getting more and more excited to travel on the bus for 18 hours. Just in case I didn't mention it before or you didn't understand it when I just typed it. I HAVE TO RIDE ON A BUS FROM BUENOS AIRES TO CORDOBA FOR 18 HOURS!!!! Bah. Insane.
This week we had a lot of "Argentina" things to take care of. They had to take our visa pictures again, and then we had to get finger printed, and meet the Argentine consul and "impress" her enough so she would allow us our visas. So my companion and I sang a song for her and we passed with flying colors. haha chiste (joke in spanish). We just had to sign a paper in front of her and then we would be good to go! So it's legit now...I'm for real going to Argentina.
Also one of our "investigators" got baptized on the 28th and the other one is getting baptized the day before we leave. I'm going to miss my teachers SO much. They are the best at the MTC. I'm convinced. Hermana Ricks and Hermano Wilkes. (Alexis...if you see them on campus tell them who you are. haha). I realize you don't know what they look like, but if you ever get an inkling that it's them...say something.
I just opened the package with the shirts and pants and pictures and it's the best package ever. I love pictures and I love showing off my family to my district. ALEXIS BOSCO...I can't believe you sent that picture...but I'm so glad that you did :) I ended up showing my district and they laughed, but luckily said it didn't really look like me so we're all good. haha but really what a frightening day that was for the camera!! Also look up this song called "swim" by Jacks Mannequin or however it's spelled but it's a really good song. One of the elders always plays it on the piano for us and it's so pretty. So yeah. :)
Mom...I can't remember where we put my patriarchal blessing! I've been looking for it, but can't find it anywhere...it's killing me.
This letter isn't as detailed with cool stories or anything like that because seriously here at the MTC the weeks are like days and the days are like weeks. So by the end of the week I have NO idea what has happened. But there is one thing that I will never forget and that is how much the holy ghost has taught me this week. I have felt the spirit more this week then I think I have in all of my life. There are just incredible things that happen every day and I've started realizing how to really listen to the spirit and to not take the "little thoughts" that you have for granted. In the scriptures it says (paraphrasing) "anything that is good cometh from God." So if you are wondering if the little thought in your head is from God or your own mind...if it's good, it's from God so listen to it and act upon it! I can't tell you how many times i've had a thought, didn't follow it, and then completely regretted it because it woudl have helped me out so much! That is my missionary shpeal for this week. Listen to the holy ghost and follow it's promptings...even if you think that it's your own head or whatever it is will make you look dumb. Do it anyway. You will forever be blessed. I am so grateful for the holy ghost in my life and how much he guides and directs me everyday. I know God lives and that Jesus is the Christ. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel and I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and he speaks to God. I know all of this because I know the Book of Mormon is true. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for the words of God and how much it blesses my life. If you aren't reading the Book of Mormon do it. I can promise you that you will be happier and you will come closer to Christ.
I love this gospel and I love all of you for supporting me while I"m on my mission. I'm not going to lie...it gets hard at times and there are times when it would just be "easier" to go home and be with everyone and then I sit back and actually think about it and there is nothing I would reather do in my life right now then serve the Lord. I know this is where I"m supposed to be and I know the Lord is going to help me overcome all the little things so I can accomplish the great things. Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives, we just need to start recognizing it. I love you all so much!
Thank you for being who you are.
Enjoy the little things.
Love,
Karissa Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment