Hola!!
I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS!!! IT'S SO UNREAL!! I leave November 3rd at 8:00 in the morning (thank goodness...some people have had to leave at like 3:00 in the morning.) I am in shock right now...I can't believe this is real. I really can't. Well we leave Salt Lake at 11:10 and go to Atlanta, GA. We leave GA at around 7:50 and go straight to Buenos Aires. We then will have to walk to Cordoba ;) Just kidding but really the last thing on the travel plans is the stop in Buenos Aires...so we will either be taking a bus, a car, a train, or riding bikes. I'm hopeing for options A, B or C. I'll probably call home when I am in GA because we will have a 3 hour lay-over or whatever...so sometime between 4:50 and 7:50 pm on November 3rd.
I seriously can't even remember what happened this week because I"m so stoked about the travel plans. The MTC is like a fantasy world and to know that in a few weeks I'm actually going to be going to Argentina freaks/excites me so much! I have loved it here at the MTC but I am ready to leave and go share this fabulous message that I've been practicing in spanish. I know with 100% surety that I will have no idea what they are saying to me when I get there but I can't wait to be a little greengo and just love the work anyway. Oh man...seriously I can't believe this is for real!!!
I'm sending home a CD with pictures on it (just for you mom...so it's easier to put them on the computer). And I'll try to write as many letters as I can while I'm here in the MTC because I"m not sure what mailing is going to be like there but just know that even if you don't hear from me soon after writing me. I love you, I love your letter and your support and I will write you back as soon as I am able to :). I've recieved so much support from so many people and I am so grateful for that. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. I know would not be able to make it through these next 16 months if I didn't have the incredible support system that I have. I love each of you so much and think the world of you. I know this church is true and I also love how simple this gospel is. God wants us to return to him more than anything and all we have to do is keep the commandments and be good girls and boys. Is that REALLY too hard to ask...it's not. I promise you. We, as members of the church, have so much to be grateful for and so much to be proud of. One thing I've learning from being a missionary is that you have to be bold in sharing the gospel. It's scary sometimes because we don't want to offend anyone or hurt anyones feelings, but if you really think about it. The message we want to share with them is that they can be with their family forever. FOR ETERNITY!!! They can always have the Holy Ghost with them and if they follow Christ they can return with our Heavenly Father. What part of that message would offend anyone?!! None of it. So as a favor to a missionary who will be taking care of the gospel sharing in Argentina. Be bold. Be couragous and reach out to those who don't know what this gospel has to offer. Be good examples. One of my favorite quotes is this. "live so that others who know you but dont' know Him, will want to know Him because they know you." You don't have to hand out book of mormons to everyone you see or start testifying to the people at the bus stop. Just be good examples and people will be interested in what makes you who you are. I love this gospel and right now in my life there is nothing more I want in this world than for evryone to be able to experience the joy this gospel brings.
Some of the highlights of this week was the devotional/relief society. During relief society we had a speaker Sister Madsen. Mother of Mark Madsen, who played for the L.A Lakers. (Klodian....you would be proud. That was the only moment in my life where I actually liked a Lakers player haha). She did awesome though. She was so inspiring and made me want to be a better example and a better person so when it comes time to raise my own children I will have enough experience with the Holy Ghost that he will be able to guide me in my life and help me raise a family.
The next part is for my friends :) My returned missionary friends :). Richard G. Scott came and spoke to us on Tuesday for the devotional (I'm telling you...MTC devotionals are the BEST!) My favorite part of his talk was when he would take off his glasses and say "now this next thing I'm going to share is something that I feel really inclined to say. I feel really strong about this". Then he would continue on saying how when we get home from our missions we are not supposed to HANG OUT!! He called it "idolness in flocks" haha. You are supposed to be dating and looking for that special someone you can take to the temple. If he can say that to missionaries who are 2-3 months into their mission and want us to take it to heart...I don't even know what he would say to returned missionaries :). But for real. I care about you all so much I just want you to be the best that you can. I think about you all, all the time and it's such a strength to me to know that I have some of the best examples in my life to look up to. Thank you for being who you are. Be confident in yourself and the choices you are making. The Lord will guide you and bless you. I realize that I sound like I'm preaching to you all and maybe it's just easier because it's over email and being a missionary gives you an extra boost of confidence when it comes to salvation types of things, but when it all comes down to it. I love you all and want you to be the incredible returned missionaries I know you can be.
Once again thank you so much for your examples to me. I love you all so much and hope you are enjoying the little things.
Love,
Karissa Dee
(sometimes I miss hearing my name) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment