September 3, 2011

This is officially the last blog post I will be making for a year and a half. My mama will be taking over the blog and posting my letters and pictures from the MTC and Argentina.

I know there probably aren't tons of people who read this but for the few who do. I just want to thank you for being incredible examples to me. I wouldn't be half the person I am without the examples that my friends and family members have been to me. It such a crazy thing to have to say goodbye to the people you care about the most (and sometimes I feel like I'm dying because I've had to say goodbye to so many people) but what an incredible experience all of this will be. I know it will go by so fast and in no time I'll be 17 months into my mission not wanting to leave Argentina.

One of my favorite quotes about missionaries is one that says;

"A missionary is someone who leaves their family temporarily so others can be with their family for eternity."

That is honestly one of the biggest reasons why I'm even going on a mission. I love and adore my family more than anything in this world and would do literally anything for them. I'm not just giving other families that same opportunity, so they can understand and have the same feelings about eternal families that I have.

It's been emotionally exhausting saying goodbye to everyone because I just cry. They are happy tears though. It's actually an overwhelming feeling of love that makes me cry. Everyone should have to leave somewhere for a long amount of time just so they can see and feel the love that everyone has for them. I've never felt so supported and loved in my entire life and it has completely changed me. It's definitely still hard to leave but it's so much easier when you know you are being supported and that the people you love, love you just as much.

I love you all (even the people who don't read this) and I'm just grateful that you have been apart of my life. In one way or another you all have touched my life and made me the person I am today and I just want to thank you for that.

I'll see you all in 18 months!!


2 comments:

  1. Karissa! I am so excited to hear about everything while you are on your mission! I know that you are going to be a fabulous missionary!!!! Have such an amazing time! You are a great example to all!

    ReplyDelete