May 23, 2011

5k

This past Saturday, the only sunny morning Provo has seen for a while, my little sister and I ran a 5k. They are my favorite to run. They're challenging but not TOO difficult. I was super pumped this race because I had motivation. I wanted a medal. Last year I ran the same 5k with Darcee, Shelbs and Alexis and out of us four ALL three of them got medals. This year was NOT going to be the same. I was going to get a medal.

Ran the 5k, felt really good about it AND beat my time from last year by like 20 seconds. Now I just had to wait for the rest of the people to come in so we could hand out the medals.(May or may not have shed a tear when Alexis crossed the finish line...I'm so proud of that girl and anything she does makes me cry...kind of embarrassing but I love her so I don't really get that embarrassed). Anyway. Every one comes in and they start handing out the medals. "Woman ages 20-24" third place so and so...second place so and so...first place so and so...ah crap.

Im not usually a complainer and I go with the flow but the girl who received the first place medal came in after me! wanna know how I know that? I remember her sprinting across the finish line. I had already finished the race and watched her cross the finish line. I went and checked the list...wasn't even on it. So I went and talked to the lady in charge (who just so happens to be my neighbor, or else I probably would have never said anything) and told her that I wasn't on the list. She asked for my time and told me that I would have taken first place. To sum up the story I got my medal, and no one else had to even know. That other girl STILL believes she got first place in the age group of 20-24, which she ought to, she did great. I was the only one that needed to know that I had earned that first place medal. It was a pretty good day.

This race ALWAYS gives out the BEST shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment