It has been an eventful week, lot's of people, lot's of hugs (and most of them completely awkward because people here in the states don't hug very much...we are REALLY touchy over there in Argentina), lot's of food, lot's of family time, which I think has been my favorite. Especially because we received a little baby into the fam!! I got to the airport, hugged all the family that was there and then face timed with my 1 day old niece!! She's darling and I love her more than anyone right now!
I loved my mission. It taught me so many things about myself and who I now want to become. I am so grateful for that experience that I had in my life and will forever cherish the people, country and experiences I have in Argentina.
I was scared to come home (I can tell you this now because as a missionary you can't really tell people that you don't want to come home...it makes them sad), but I was scared because I had heard from so many people how hard it was, how awkward everything is and how miserable I was going to be for the first few months. MONTHS!!! Geesh. I was nervous. Well turns out everyone is different (thank goodness) and we all have different ways of adjusting. I have loved every second of my return home. I'm sure I'm a little odd when it comes to the social life, but I feel so normal, I feel like I just picked up where I left off. It's like when you hang out with a best friend...you don't have to introduce yourself every time you see them, you just pick up where you left off. It's been like that. I give all the credit to my parents and what I learned on the mission. To my parents because I'm starting to realize that I didn't have to CHANGE that much when I got home. I didn't have to become a completely different person, because of how I was raised and chose to live my life before the mission. To the mission because it helped me realize what really is the most important or should be in our lives.
I love this gospel and am so grateful to be a member and a returned missionary. It has been a year and a half that I will never forget. Thank you so much for your support while I was gone (and even though I'm not in a different country the support would still be nice...) but seriously I love you all so much and am so grateful to have you in my life.
Enjoy the little things :)
love. love. love. you so much. so happy you are home.
ReplyDeleteyou are amazing my friend.
I am so happy you are home!! All those those pictures made me so happy, and I wish I could have been there!!!!
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!
yesss! love you! welcome home!
ReplyDelete