July 23, 2012

Some things sound better in Spanish





Hola mi cielo! mi amor! mi vida!

That is one of my favorite things about Argentina. Everyone is always saying things like that hello my love, hello my heaven, my life! haha it sounds a lot better in Spanish though. There are so many things that i´m going to do when I get home that will be so weird but its so normal here. I love Argentina and all of the quarky things that they do. The other day one of my gringas called me on the phone and was like "Bosco! I can´t believe that you´ve only had latina companions! You are probably latina and you don´t even know it!" haha I was laughing so hard...we´ll have to see when I get home. haha

So we again didn´t have the baptism of Estefania last weekend, because now her Aunt/mom doesn´t want her to get baptized. She feels like she is too young to be making decision as important as baptizm right now. And I think that kind of make Estefania second think her decision to be baptized. So we are still working with her and maybe she will be baptized in August. Not sure, but we are praying and doing all we can to make sure that this daughter of God can return to her Father in Heaven again. When we were teaching her my companion gave an example that I really liked.  She was like Dios has his hand above us like the rain and is always willing to pour out the blessings that we need on us, but sometimes through oiur actions and things like that we put up umbrellas and don´t allow the blessings to reach us. I have been thinking about that a lot. How many times do we "unknowingly" put up umbrellas and stop the blessings from God from coming to us only becuase we are lazy one day and don´t want to read our scriptures, or because we don´t have the energy to pray to our Heavenly Father or because we would rather stay out with our friends instead of obeying our parents (I realize that my mom is probably rolling her eyes or laughing her head off at this one....yeah Ï know mom.)

Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and is always going to bless us....sí or sí. BUT we have to be willing to do everything to receive those blessings. That is one of the things Ive learned in my mission that we really are the ones that determine how many blessings we receive. It doesn´t mean that we aren´t going to have any problems or difficulties, because thats just life and things happen BUT when we are obeying the commandments and doing everything in our power to be obedient and righteous we will always be closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and through them we will always have a way out of our problems and trials. We will always know how to resolve them because we will have the guidance of the Holy Ghost. This week that is my invitation to all you of. Whether you are members or non members. Do everything you can to be obedient to the laws of the world and the laws of God. God has given us commandments to we can be happy. Read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church and obey your parents.

I love you all so much and am so grateful for your prayers and support while I am here on my mission. Its incredible. The mission is incredible. If you are a young man and are of the age to go on a mission or are a few years away...prepare now. Make it a habit in your life to read your scriptures and pray and really talk to your Heavenly Father. I love you all so much!

Enjoy the little things. Because they are everywhere!
Love you all!
Un beso grande!

Con amor, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment