January 2, 2012

2012 already?

Hermanas Frias y Bosco
 
HAPPY
NEW
YEAR


Can you believe for the next year I will be in a different country? haha I was laying in bed thinking about that the other day. I will spend exactly one full year in a different speaking a different language and absolutely loving most of it.  Lets be real there are going to be hard parts that I won't love as much.
 
But this week was really great! It actually went by way fast! Some little things that happened were that it rained so much that when we were walking to our appointments we had to cross the streets and the water came up to our shins... I was laughing so hard because you get to the point where there is just absolutely nothing you can do about it and so you just go. You just get soaking wet and love every second of it. Also I held a bird. Yes a real live bird. We went to our lunch appointment (p.s Grandma Bosco...we always get lunch with a member family but we are always on our own for breakfast and dinner...but I'm starting to learn how to make some random things...some turn out good some you just eat anyway because there is nothing else. haha) and I sat down at the table and there was a bird walking around on the floor...my companion just started laughing and was like oh how cute! I was like yeah....darling. Then Hermana Luque was like..Yeah its our new pet bird! She is so sweet and is just a baby. Do you want to hold her? So I was like...uh sure?! So I did. And it climbed on my shoulder and everything. We are going back with cameras so I have proof. haha
 
The language is coming along. Some days are better than others and I sometimes feel like I'll just be stuck in this language rut for the rest of my mission. But I'm just hoping and praying that one day this all clicks.  I'm a lot better at speaking about gospel terms (which is a good thing I guess) than I am with normal conversations and I'm able to get my thoughts out a lot more clear and a lot quicker. So I guess I'm improving. Also the other day one of the Elders called us and my companion answered the phone and the person was like..oh hey Hermana Bosco. How are you doing...and my companion was like...this is Hermana Frias...and the Elder was like no seriously I know its Hermana Bosco. hahah So...either my spanish is a whole lot better than I think it is or my companion is starting to sound like a gringa. haha It was so funny.
 
Oh here is something crazy!! Kenyn Koop served in Salta in the ward of Hermana Frias and he was like best friends with her family. SO...if anyone sees Kenyn ever tell him that I am companions with Hermana Frias and she says hello and everything! IT was so funny...we were in our pension at night and I was making food (like usual) and she was telling me stories about her house and the missionaries there and she said something about an Elder Koop. And I thought to myself hmm...that name is not very common so I was like wait....Elder Koop? What is his first name...and she in her cute little accent spit out Kenyn and I was like and do you know if he is married? and she was like yeah to Jenny. haha and I just screamed. I was like I KNOW HIM!!!! haha It was so great. So if someone wants to pass on the word that would be great. What a small world. I love it.
 
We have some pretty great investigators right now BUT none of them come to church...so I guess not THAT great. haha jk. I love them all so much. There is this family with a mom and a daughter and others but we are only teaching the mom and daughter right now...but the mom reminds me SO much of Aunt Lori. Its crazy! She kind of looks like her too! So everytime we talk to her I just want to give her the biggest hug and never let go because its family! haha We have a lot of grandmas we are teaching as well. haha They are all so darling. I dont have any stories about my investigators this week...but I do have an experience.
 
For personal study the other day I was reading about the Book of Mormon and how key it is in the conversion of our investigators.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I have found out for myself because I asked Heavenly Father and he answered my prayers, but that morning I was thinking that I really wanted to know. I really want to know for myself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. So I read the promise of Moroni and went into my bedroom knelt down and prayed to my Heavenly Father, explaining that I did know it was true but I just wanted a second reassurrance that the book of mormon is true. Let me tell you. God lives and he does indeed answer prayers. Sometimes in the exact moment we ask and sometimes a week later, but it is always exactly the moment we need it.  I testify to all of you that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was translated by a prophet of God, Joseph Smith, and that he really saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that if we make the Book of Mormon apart of our lives we will be ten times happier and we will receive so many blessings.  I know with 100 percent of my heart that the book of mormon is true and even though its difficult to portray my love for this book in spanish. I always ask the Lord to help me and to help the people know that this book is true through my eyes or through my broken spanish. Something. There is just nothing I want more for my investigators then for them to know that this book is true and that if they find out for themselves their lives will be so much easier and they will be so much happier.
 
So I challenge each of you. If you don't know if the Book of Mormon is true. Ask. If you really want to know the answer Heavenly Father will indeed answer your prayers. Because he loves you. He loves each of you so much its not even funny. There just aren't words to explain how much he cares about his children and how much he wants each of us to return home to him one day.
 
I love you all so much and think about you daily. Thank you for being a strength in my life. I wish you all the happiest 2012 and may it be filled with love, happiness, the Book of Mormon and many prayers to our Heavenly Father. I love you so much! Pray for the people of Argentina that they will open their hearts to this gospel so they can return to their Father in Heaven one day as well.  
LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
Enjoy the little things.
 
Love, Hermana Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment