Hola!! Let me tell you. This week was a crazy one! I had some of my
hardest days thus far on the mission and some of my absolute best days
thus far. I'll start with the hard ones... on Tuesday and Wednesday we
did an intercambio (not sure the word in english...interchange? I'm
guessing). Anyway. Its where you switch companions for a day or two. I
got put with Hna Martinez who, let me tell you, does not speak a lick of English. haha She is incredible and I learned so much from her but it
was really difficult trying to communicate without being able to use English at all. For 2 days straight I didn't speak English...I didn't
speak very much, but I spoke in Spanish for 2 days!! I finally had
to call one of the Elders who speaks english so I could have 1
conversation that day. On top of that I was in MY area and so I had
to be the one that knew where to go and knew the investigators and knew
everything and I don't!! There were times that I just wanted to stop in
the middle of the street and cry but I just kept walking and talking to
my Father in Heaven to help me just get through this next hour...just
this next hour...and look who made it through the next few hours. haha
This missionary right here. Let me tell you. We are given trials because
we can overcome them. We are given trials to make us stronger. I
usually hate them at the time but I was told by someone (don´t take
offense that I can´t remember who you are) but that its important to
love the trials you are going through right now. To thank your Heavenly
Father for giving you this trial because you know it will make you
stronger. ITs hard, but its really really worth it in the end.
| 1 of the now deceased scorpions |
Oh and we found 2 scorpions in our pension...yay!! So so so so gross. I wanted to die. BLah. They are dead and gone now though.
That was my hard two days of this week. Now the rest gets WAY better.
| Pres. y Hna Salas y Hna Bosco |
| Hna Madonaldo y Hna Bosco |
| Elder Freirra, me, Elder CastaƱeira |
On Thursday we had a Zone conference ¨Christmas edition¨ It was so
much fun! We all got packages and letters and got to play all day. It
was a much needed break and I kind of wish we could have one every month
or something. haha But anyway we got packages from our families which
was really helpful and needed. I can´t decide if this Christmas will be
hard or not. I mean I know it will be hard, but it doesn´t really seem
like Christmas here because its REALLY REALLY HOT and so to me its like
July...haha so probably in July I'll get homesick for Christmas. Who
knows. But Thank you so much for the packages and letters that I
received. Tam. You saved my life with those oreos...I may have pretty
much eaten the whole thing in 2 days...but hey I'm a missionary I can do
things like that right? haha Family. Thank you for the watch! (I don't
know if I was supposed to wait...but I didn't) and the hair things. I
love them. Also the extra things for the kids here. They are going to
love them and I'm getting excited to put them together! haha
Christmas is great as a missionary because you are in the least
selfish time of your life (I still need to learn to be less selfish but
its a work in progress). But really all I want to do is tell people how
incredible our Savior Jesus Christ is and how much he has done for us!
and how happy they can be if they just listen to his words and want to
follow his example!
| FRANCO´S baptism! Franco, us and Simon (his friend) who baptized him . |
| Franco and Simon right after the baptism |
The second best thing of this week was I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!!
Oh my goodness. That alone was the best Christmas present ever. Franco
was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints and I couldn´t be more proud and happy for him. When
we came out of the font he was beaming with the light of Christ. It was
so precious and so incredible. I just had this goofy smile on my face
the whole time because it was just incredible. We have another one this Saturday, her name is Marta and she is about 60ish and incredible. She is so great and so excited for her baptism. I can´t wait!!
We have a few investigators that could really use some prayers
because they are being distracted by the things of the world and its
really sad. Sergio, Fernanda, Gabriella y Adella, Gabriella y Lucas y
their total family. If you could just keep them in your prayers that
would be so helpful. I love them all so much and just want them to fully
experience the happiness this gospel has to offer them.
I love my family. I´m sure you all know that and hear it so much
but let me tell you families are the worlds GREATEST blessing. There is
not a moment of my day where I am not thinking of how lucky I am to have
the family that I do. Especially since we are sealed in the temple for
time and all eternity. I am the luckiest and thank my Heavenly Father
every night for my family. Thank you guys for being incredible and for
being such a strength to me on my mission. I love you all more than
anything you can imagine. I wish you all the success in the world while I'm gone (especially in Hawaii!!!) haha.
I love you all muchisimo muchisimo.
Enjoy the little things.
Love, Hermana Karissa Dee Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment