October 7, 2011

Best Day Ever!

So today has by far been the best day on my mission...wanna know why? I GOT TO SEE MY MAMA!!! I swear we didn't plan it and hopefully it's not an occassional thing (love you mom but that would be too hard for me to see you that much) :). I was at the temple when I heard a "Sister Bosco" I turned around and was stunned! My mom was standing right there! I just started bawling! They were tears of happiness though so no worries. I loved it. It made me think of how sweet and incredible it will be when I get to see my whole family in 17 months! (it's already been one month to this exact day...) Incredible right?! Then I started thinking how incredible is is going to be when we return home to our Savior after not seeing him for 80 plus years!! What a reunion that will be! This week really has been such a great week though. Lot's of laughter...some tears (yesterday I actually had a break down because I was slightly home sick...tender mercies of the Lord that my mom was at the temple at the same time as me. The Lord loves me and knows exactly what I need and can handle. I love him with my whole heart.)
General conference was INCREDIBLE! I've heard from various outsiders that it was good but I think watching conference as a missionary is one of the coolest things you could ever do. I loved every talk and felt that each one was important to me in my life! I have to say though, my all time favorite talk was by Elaine S. Daulton. I might have cried during it because I was thinking about Dad the whole time wondering how he was handleing listening to this talk having one of this daughters here on a mission :). I love you dad and want you to know that I am loving life here and that your dear elder letters are such a strength to me. The quotes and scriptures that you give me are exactly what I need to hear that day. Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder and living your life so you can be led by the spirit. I love you.
When Chad and Michelle Lewis came and spoke at the MTC my companion and I got to sit in the front by their family and he made me stand up in front of the WHOLE MTC and wave to everyone after he explained that my dad was Robbie Bosco and had won the national championship for BYU. Some elders may have asked me to take a picture with them afterwards...haha loved it. They did so good and it really made me so excited for missionary work!
After that devotional one of the Branch presidency members, Brother Mciff, came up to me and was like "why have you been hiding this fact about your life this whole time?!" I was like uh...not sure...haha but then he told me that my Dad lived with them his freshman year! Do you remember them? I'm sure you do but he wanted me to tell you that he loves you and that he and his wife say hi!
Tell the dentist that I'm flossing so much better then I ever have in my life. He will be proud of me because I always feel like I'm 2 when I go to the dentist because they have to tell me to floss my teeth.
Ashley comes in this wednesday and I'm so stoked. I can't wait to see her and give her the biggest hug!! I'm so proud of our family. It's one of my favorite things to tell people that we have 2 cousins in the MTC now (Kaylee is in peru...but still in an MTC) and then one coming in a week and the other coming in January! Holt side of the family unite and go spread the gospel!!! haha It's great though. I love this work and even though seeing my mom was the greatest thing ever I didn't have a desire to go home with her. I know there are people in Argentina that need me to help them get closer to Christ.
I am so grateful for this opportunity and the strength I've had to serve a mission. It has already blessed my life tremendously and I know it will continue to do so.
For everyone who has sent me dear elders or letters I am slowly but surely writing you back...have no fear. Rebekah this is your shoutout :) I am indeed receiving your letters and love and appreciate everything about them. I will write back soon. :)
Um...if you are ever bored or whatever you can send me pictures of yourselves :) I love pictures and I love looking at them and bragging about my friends and family to everyone here in the MTC.
I just want to finish by saying that I have indeed been sent to the best family on planet earth. I understand that everyone probably feels that way about their own family but seriously I've listed pros and cons and let's be real there were no cons. I hands down have the best family.
To my brothers: You guys are incredible! I was crying when I read your letters because I miss you all so much! You are all such great young men and worthy priesthood holders. What a blessing that will be in your life. Never doubt the power of your priesthood, be proud of it. I watched Elder Hollands talk from priesthood sessions and thought of you guys the entire time. You will be great missionaries one day and I am so honored to be your older sister. You are all such great examples to me and I love you dearly!!
To my little sister: I wrote you a letter and sent it in the mail so you should get that shortly, BUT you are incredible and I love you so much. Not a day goes by that I dont' think of you (name that song) but seriously I think about you all the time. You ahve always been the best example and I've always looked up to you. Freshman year is the best. Live it up!!! and send me pictures :)
To my older sister and brother in law: Thank you so much for your examples of getting married in the temple. I love you both so much and you have both taught me many things about the gospel. Your testimonies are incredible and your future family will be so blessed because of it. Thank you for being who you are and giving me something to look forward to in life! A fabulous temple marriage! Love you both!
To my incredible parents: I would not be who I am today if it weren't for you. I love you both more than I can even describe. You both have taught me so many things and I am so blessed to be sealed to you forever. I know its not an easy thing having a missionary out in the field but know that my Heavenly father is looking out for me and loves me so much. He will protect me, so don't worry too much. Thank you for your support my whole life. It means the world to me...even if I haven't always shown it. I love you both with my whole heart and 10x more amounts of love. You are both incredible people and such great examples to me.
Love you all so much!
Enjoy the little things.
Love, Hermana Bosco.

No comments:

Post a Comment