March 25, 2011

Decisions



"It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny."


-Anthony Robbins



I've had to make a lot decisions in my life lately.

Some decisions have been a lot bigger than others and some have been as small as do I dye my hair dark or lighter? None the less still important to me. I have made one recent decision that will change my life forever though. I get super excited about it, then super nervous, a little scared and then I'm back to feelin confident and that this is the right thing. There are so many possibilities with this decision as well, so I honestly have NO IDEA what will be happening to me in the next little while. But, this magnificent decision that I have decided to make is.....



to serve a mission for


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


My papers are finished and I've gotten my bishops interview, so I just need to meet with the stake president, take a mission picture and I'll be able to turn them in! Ah I get so excited about it sometimes, but I am human so I have doubts and am scared out of my mind, but I know that whatever happens in my life, if I prepare to go on a mission I will be just fine. If I end up going on a mission I will have amazing experiences and will forever be changed, or if I end up getting married or what not that will also lead to many amazing experiences and I'll have changed from that too. I'm definitely in a win win situation (uh...I am not currently even on the path of marriage, so don't get the wrong idea..I'm just saying). That is my life as of right and I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

  1. Ka this makes me so excited. I can't wait to see what in store for you in the next few months. This is exciting! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karissa!! That is so awesome. I know that whatever you decide to do, you'll do an awesome job. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karissa, you will be freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete